I did not know I will love my hens this much

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chiekie, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Chiekie

Chiekie New Egg

Jul 25, 2015
    I wanted 4 hens but decided on 2 first, just to see if I have the time to spend on them. Of course I love it more than I thought I would. My husband and kids said that they will not be apart of the cleaning or feeding or caring of the hens it is all on me! Well I took the challange and guess what now they love to help with everything! I love to get up early before work to open the gate for them give them fresh water end food. Tonight they go in all by them selfs and I just close the gate again. They both lay teir eggs on the same nest. They give one another a turn to lay. The one keep an eye out while the other one is busy laying. It is beatifull, what was at first a test for me to see if I would be able to look after them became something more at he end. Me and my husband are looking for a piece of land to buy now. I love my Hens

2. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Welcome to BYC! I am so happy to see another chicken lover. Do you have any pictures?

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That's great! It didn't take long for the family to enjoy them, now did it? Welcome to BYC! So glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by