I didn't know eggs can hatch with the turner on

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Poultrybonkers, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    I had 4 on lockdown I put the wrong brown egg on lockdown!! I have two that pipped and the brown one I thought was the right one wasnt!! the other brown eggs hatched in the turner!! while still on! I heard loud peeping and I'm thinking for being in an egg the one is loud! look in their and I find my 4 eggs are still in tacked and find this little chick
    [​IMG]
    Its a sex link/leghorn cross its shell was in the turner

2. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I am guessing eggs hatch when they hatch... you've turned it off right? [​IMG]

Darling baby!!!

Jenny

3. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    Quote:I can't turn it off I got egg that still need rotation until the 18th. [​IMG]

4. 1 hen and 1 roo

1 hen and 1 roo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Ouachita Mountains
    An older lady from church said she always left the eggs in the turner and they hatched. She would continuously add eggs as she collected them and kept them turning.

Not sure how that worked for her as far as hatch rate.

She now takes the turner out I think even though I think she is still adding eggs as she collects them.

5. ODEY587

ODEY587 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2011
    I would turn it off and roll the eggs by hand or get the chicks in the brooder as each one hatches or they could get hurt or worse yet die it gonna be hard to keep an eye ongoing whenever ones hatching

6. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    Quote:I hatch my first 3 while it was on and the eggs weren't in it all 3 are fine. I keep an eye on them. [​IMG]

7. eggdd

eggdd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    oh please. there is no need to turn it off. move the chick to your other incubator - - the one it was supposed to be in. and move the "wrong" eggs back to the incubator with the turner. simply correct the mistake.

move on with life. it's short. and it's made to enjoy. [​IMG]

have fun with your new chick! yay!

8. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    Quote:Other egg is back I just hope 3 days of not turning will effect its hatch. [​IMG]

9. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Is the egg beside the chick in the photo another 'wrong egg'? Cause it's pipped too!

10. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    Quote:Nope that's another right one. That's why it's not in the turner. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by