I Didn't Know the AKC Registered Horses!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by helmstead, Jan 15, 2008.

1. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Craigslist never fails to bring a smile - or a head slamming on the desk!

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/grd/539662899.html

AKC Quarter Horse Mare-$300 to good home - $300

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: [email protected]
    Date: 2008-01-15, 7:25AM EST

Beautiful 20 year old mare with champion bloodline. Needs experienced rider. Good around children and may be riden by children when halter lead. Daughter leaving for college. Have hay for sale and some tack, negotiable with horse.
    Call 770 461-9535.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

2. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Wow! I wonder if I could register my Appy with the AKC? Then he could be double registered with the ApHC and the AKC. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  3. helmstead

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Heck, the way the AKC works I can probably fudge some papers and register my mutt Arab and grade Percheron, too!

4. BarbK

BarbK Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2007
    Indiana
    Needs experienced rider. Good around children and may be riden by children when halter lead.

Question when is a child an experienced rider??? Sounds like the poor horse needs an experienced owner. However you might want to double check the plumbing just to be safe.

5. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    You otta be able to register your Appy with the AKC as a dalmation.

6. helmstead

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    [​IMG]

7. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    That was funny, as is the opinion that she she loves to run and buck, but is good around children - ?

8. helmstead

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    No doubt! How about, "If you hate your children/grandkids...here's a great way to off them."

[​IMG]

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I had a horse that was really sweet with my kids, but the second I got on her - her brakes disapeared. [​IMG]

(a percheron/quarter cross) she was a real honey, and my kids could be all over her, but the second it was an adult - all bets were off...... we never left the kids on her alone, always had a lead line... but still she was smart...

10. helmstead

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Quote:But you CANNOT market a horse like that to be good around KIDS. Some moron will buy it (and it's cheapo Mexican leather and cordura saddle and nylon bridle with a stamped metal curb), throw their kids up there and wind up at ER. Nothing that requires an experienced adult rider should have anything regarding children in the ad. We have an Arabx gelding who requires an experienced adult rider and my kids aren't ever even going to PONY around on a leadline on him...ever! I certainly wouldn't try to sell him as such.

I get what you're trying to say. I had a TB gelding that knew beginner riders apart from experienced ones. He was a smart, great lesson horse because he could go from W/T - nice and quiet with a 10 year old to the Am Jumpers with an experienced rider. I don't think this ad points to such an equine!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by