I didn't realized my daughter was part rooster!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by X2Farm, Jan 7, 2011.

1. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] She's been crowing the last few days [​IMG] Finally got a chance to get a short video... its sideways tho [​IMG] If ya click on the thumbnail, it'll take ya to view it

"Mommy, know why I'm crowing?"

"Nope hun, why?"

"I a ROOSTER!!!" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    You have GOT to be kidding me!? I am going through the same thing with my 4 yr old daughter.

She walks around the house crowing like the real roosters, not the pretend 'cock-a-doodle-doo' like the school kids do. She corrects my nephew and says " The sound like this: AHT-AHT-AHT-ARrrrrrrrrrrrr" LOL

So funny to see someone else doing it too.

(Couldn't watch the video as my speakers are wireless and the batteries died from the last movie I watched.)

3. NeeleysAVLChicks

NeeleysAVLChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Leicester, NC
    Soooo cute!!!

4. AmyJ

AmyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Newburgh, NY
    Awww, love it! My daughter did the same thing when she was about 4. Went around crowing like the roosters, but she would say, I'm roostering Mommy, then would crow like a rooster! [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Our three year old has been crawling around meowing and barking. And eating the dog food. [​IMG]

6. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    My three year old is currently (and for the last week, has been) a fire breathing jaguar. [​IMG]

7. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Well, no dog food eating or chicken feed eating yet [​IMG] She is proud of being a rooster though [​IMG] She even tells me she's a Welsummer rooster [​IMG]

8. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    Quote:Kids have an incredible imagination. [​IMG]

9. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    I'm going on twenty-three and I still crow like a rooster sometimes! [​IMG]

When I was around seven, I was in an animal noise-making contest at the local fair. Instead of saying "Moo" like most of the kids did, I actually did a realistic cow moo imitation. I won the contest! My dad still teases me about it. [​IMG]

10. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Too cute! I'm almost 50, and I still crow sometimes, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by