1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I Died Today>>Caution>>This Will Make you Cry!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by PitterPaws, Sep 23, 2011.

1. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I died today.

You got tired of me and took me to the shelter. They were overcrowded and I drew an unlucky number.
    I am in a black plastic bag in a landfill now. Some other puppy will get the barely used leash you left.
    My collar was dirty and too small, but the lady took it off before she sent me to the Rainbow Bridge.
    Would I still be at home if I hadn't chewed your shoe? I didn't know what it was, but it was leather,
    and it was on the floor. I was just playing. You forgot to get puppy toys.
    Would I still be at home if I had been housebroken? Rubbing my nose in what I did only made me
    ashamed that I had to go at all. There are books and obedience teachers that would have taught you
    how to teach me to go to the door.
    Would I still have a home if I hadn't brought fleas into the house? Without anti-flea medicine, I couldn't
    get them off of me after you left me in the yard for days.
    Would I still be at home if I hadn't barked? I was only saying, "I'm scared, I'm lonely, I'm here, I'm here!
    I want to be your best friend."
    Would I still be at home if I had made you happy? Hitting me didn't make me learn how.
    Would I still be at home if you had taken the time to care for me and teach manners to me?
    You didn't pay attention to me after the first week or so, but I spent all my time waiting for you to love me.

I died today.

Love,
    Your Puppy :'(
    Please forward this to everyone, it's time to stop animal abuse.

Author Unknown.

2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

3. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    That was very, very sad and very true. I think I'll go hug all of my dogs again.

4. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yeh that's what I did, I cried then hugged my pets, and cried some more and hugged my pets again [​IMG]

5. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    that is sad...and so true...the rescues and shelters are maxed out...in this economy, animals are being dumped like trash...I don't know what the answer is...for myself, I have simply quit raising anything I do not need or use myself...I have a few extra birds that I could sell, but in good conscience, I can't...I was going to go to a swap last week but I sat out there with my birds trying to assess who should go and who should stay...they are happy...they have family groups...they trust me...they are my responsibility...I just could not break up the families and send them off to God knows where...the thought of them being scared, dirty, hungry or eaten was unbearable...I don't expect others to feel as I do, but that is the way I feel and I am entitled to that...so, I chopped more greens, dragged out the peas, filled up the treat feeder with one of their favs (rolled oats) and went back into the house...

I don't know what the answer is for the dog and cat explosion...so many are just being bred and tossed...it is shameful...

6. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    [​IMG] That is so sad....

7. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I saw this yesterday on Facebook. I cried. It is so sad that is happens all the time. I have 4 rescue dogs. I love them very much. It is so sad. [​IMG]

8. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    Those of us who work in rescue have this very writing as a mantra to boost ourselves up to try to help. It is an overwhelming task as you can't save them all nor can you stop all the puppy mills from churning out even more. Backyard breeders thinking they can make a buck or two never thinking or really caring about where that puppy is going.
    Dogs , cats , any animal really NEEDS love, training, a warm home with good food & water this is the basics. I run into people all the time who have their own habits feed their pets crap then complain they can't afford the pet but they can sure afford cigarettes, booze etc. Our pets love us unconditionally never caring how we look how much money we make who our friends are, how big is the house we live in.
    In todays tough economic times if you have a pet you really can't afford anymore call a rescue they will find that pet a new forever home at the very least it will be placed a foster home with other pets to be around & taken care of . Otherwise many times it costs us to pull them from a shelter.

9. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    sadly, the disposable pets attitude was around long before the bad economy and will be here long after the economy improves. [​IMG]

10. macbeth

macbeth Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2011
    [​IMG] So sad and even worse because it's so true!! All animal breeding should be banned for a few years to let all the unwanted, mistreated animals a chance to find a home!! Why are people still bringing puppies, kittens, foals etc...into the world when so many are being dumped? I know here in Ireland the amount of cases has risen over the past 2 years, some poor animals aren't even making it to the shelters but being dumped or left to rot in fields!!

Makes my blood boil!! Then you have those idiots still breeding animals and if they cant sell the offspring are just dumping them at the side of the road!!Again though you have those idiots going out of their way to buy their designer pets when there are shelters overflowing with animals looking for that special home!!

Gonna go hug my 4 dogs and give the chicks a treat.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by