Last August, I added a couple of pullets to my flock and the disturbance caused a drop in production. And then a couple of them showed signs of worms so we went through deworming. And then they all molted. SO, no eggs at all for MONTHS even though there is only one left that appears to be molting. I wasn't going to add light to the coop -- thought it would be good to give them the winter off. But that was before I knew that the "winter off" could start in August. So, a couple days before Thanksgiving, we broke down and installed a light fixture in the coop with a timer. I've been making morning come a little earlier every few days and now that they're getting nearly 14 hours from bulb on to sunset, their combs are looking brighter again. Today, two of them were squatting for me! It's almost as nerve-wracking as waiting for the first egg but I'm relieved that we seem to be making progress.