I done it

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kathydoolittle, Dec 9, 2010.

1. kathydoolittle

kathydoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2009
    Pittsburg KS
    I MADE AN INCUBATOR. COULD NOT WAIT TO SET EGGS. I set 6 eggs. I thought I might get 1 or 2 to hatch if I was lucky. ON December 5th and 6th. I ENDED UP WITH SIX WONDERFUL BABY DUCK. Wish I could post pictures but my phone wont let me. I could believe they all hatched.

2. chikky

chikky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    Glenmont, Ohio
    Congratulations! Post pics when you can - babies are SWEEEEET [​IMG]

3. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

that's wonderful! I am sure some people would love to see pics of the incubator too, that's an excellent hatch for a homemade bator!

5. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations, you will have to tell us all about it. My hubby is a tight butt so home made might be the way to go

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Impressive!

7. kathydoolittle

kathydoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2009
    Pittsburg KS
    When the babies where swimming today I noticed one looked funny. It looks like its crop is one the side of its neck. So it holds it head somewhat to the side. It appears to be healthy otherwise. As for the incubator I got the idea from this forum. I used a plastic cooler instead of a foam one. I ran all the wiring through the drain spout. It worked very well. Drilled vent holes all around the cooler about half way up. I just use duct tape to cover them when needed. I did not put a window in it. Wish i had. And put foil on to top.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by