I don't feel good, I went to the DR. I'm sick, and I don't like it!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Dec 8, 2008.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I've not been feeling well for several days and I thought it was just allergies since we haven't had very cold weather yet. We took my mom out for her birthday dinner Sat. night and about an hour after I got home my head starting hurting worse, my eyes swelled, my sinuses were plugged,, allergies right? No,, wrong...
    I ended up having to go to the Dr. today, I have infections in my sinuses, my ears, and my throat. My sinus infection causes the worst pain because it pushes on some of the plates and screws in my face right over my upper jaw. My throat infection took my voice,, I really depend on my voice a lot. My ears are plugged, I'm known for my fantastic hearing and I had this wonderful 88 year old woman I know hollaring at me Sunday morning at the breakfast table at our local hangout,,,, she wanted to know if I had peanut butter in my ears,,, or if I was just ignoring her. Now you know her being 88 years old I can't even think a mean thought or I'm going straight to Hades. I love Miss Wileen to death,, and I was ready to strangle her. So now in the morning I'm going to our hangout to tell her it wasn't peanut butter, it's an infection. Knowing her, that means I will have the most wonderful soup for lunch and have to eat it with healthy helping of crow and humility for even thinking bad thoughts.
    I don't like being sick, I don't allow it, especially when it takes me out of my classroom. I have an appt. Wed at 4 with a jaw surgeon, it looks like I need a bit of "tweeking" on my surgery that is now almost 17 years old.
    Someone cheer me up and send me some cold weather darn it!

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Oh! I am so sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you don't have to have surgery again. That doesn't sound like a good Christmas present to me! Hang in there. I hope you are better soon. [​IMG]

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Sending you lots of get well wishes. If you really want it I'll send you the snow they're forecasting for us on Wednesday morning. [​IMG]

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thank you all, for letting me vent, and I know so many of you understand how I feel right now. We've had days in the upper 70's,, last year it snowed on Thanksgiving for Heaven's sake. We are supposed to have a chance of flurries tomorrow,, it rained today, a nice yucky warm rain in the middle of a sandstorm!
    Yes,, send me your cold weather!

5. mksenoj

mksenoj Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    UpState, New York
    Oh! I am so sorry you are not feeling well.

6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Ahh dear Kate... sorry to hear that you are not well. Infections anywhere near the ears/nose & throat are so painful!! Wish I could send you some of this flipping cold weather from the UK, it is freezing!! rain, sleet and ice this morning.....brrrrr send me some warmth......here's a massive (((((HUG)))))...hope you feel better soon xxxxxx

Linda

7. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    So sorry your going through this i know how it is i always get ear infections witch damaged my hearing some

Sending lots of get well wishes to you and i hope you get better soon [​IMG]

8. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] Wish I could send you some of this cold. We're also in the middle of a big snowstorm I'd send your way if I could.

9. sussexgal

sussexgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Yowser.... pressure and infection in an area that doesn't expand the way it should! Sending you healing thoughts.... and some of this minus 1 weather we have. Soup and copious amounts of time hanging with Nugget et al. The healing power of chickens is enormous. Kidding aside - here's wishing you a speedy recovery and the least bumpiest road to travel with your surgeon.

10. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Doggone, im so sorry your not feeling well. We are all just getting over the stomach virus here. YUK YUK YUK! I hope you are back to your old self SOON!!! Enjoy the soup....and crow! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by