I dont feel safe!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by rooster brandon., Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Ok me and my dad are building a new chicken coop and right next to our current coop is our storage building and its of the ground...........we are planning to build a new coop closer to the storage building and fence the bottom of the storage building in and let them roam under there......................But my quistion is what should i do i dont have any more good fence wire all i got is about 45 ft of chicken wire i dont like chicken wire its made to keep chickens in not to keep predators out.................Would it be safe to double layer it around the bottom of the storage building would that keep predators out...........what do i do............should i even use chicken wire can o racoon break through it..................................................................................lease help i dont want my chickens to be a meal for racoon's.......................please help..............[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    If you don't want your chickens to be a predators snack, then don't use the chicken wire. Not even if it double layered. 2 layers will just slow then down, not keep them out. Hope it works out for you! [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by