I don't fit into my age group!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by silkypie, Oct 16, 2009.

1. silkypie

silkypie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Plant City, FL
    .... nevermind...

I don't want to offend or stereotype people.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  2. Tonopah Pati

Tonopah Pati Rest in Peace 1938-2011

Mar 24, 2009
    Tonopah, Arizona
    Don't feel like a party pooper. Sounds like you are the only one with a head on your shoulders. That does not mean you are old, just smart. The age of 40 is still young. That is the age that life just begins not at the end. Stick to your guns and don't be tempted to be stupid.[​IMG]

Sounds like you are on the right track.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I think you're making a bit of a generalization about your age group (I'm 27, by the way). There are plenty of people our age who aren't big partiers; I'm one of them. DH can't drink because of medical reasons, and I'm just not into getting wasted. For one reason, I'm afraid of what I would do if I did and I'm extremely protective of my reputation.

Maybe you're looking in the wrong place for people to spend time with? You might need to look elsewhere for people who socialize the way you like to. They are definitely out there.

4. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Sounds like you will be one of the few in your group of friends that will actually remember their 20's! [​IMG] There's nothing wrong with going out and blowing off some steam every once in a while, but I wonder how many of them will be able to break that habit that easily when they need to? Not that many, I'm sure.

I think it's great that you aren't letting them pressure you into doing things you're obviously uncomfortable with.

Shelly

5. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    Naa .. It's Ok silkie I'm the same way, even as a teen I got along better with older people (and not the partying ones either). Most of my friends are at least 10 years older than me and some are even my parents age. Don't let it bother you, I know at your age it is kind of frustrating to find where you do fit, but all will fall into place. My DH is six years older than me, I was never attracked to guys my age, they seemed so immature . I found I got along with guys 5-8 years older than me. It's funny cause my DS cannot stand dramatic immature girls his age [​IMG]. He makes comments about wanting high school to hurry up and be over so he can just get on with life, and get through all the drama in HS.
    I feel like I'm about 55 (mature wise), but I am in my thirties.[​IMG]

You are not a party pooper, just a level headed girl who knows what she wants, do ever settle! [​IMG] and if ya ever need a friend of the same age (mature age), come on here to BYC we'll chat your ear off [​IMG].

6. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    Quote:Same here Chicken Lady, people think it is crazy that I have never been drunk, drinking booze till I'm blistered just does not appeal to me (no offense to those that do, it's just not my thing). Not being in control of my words and actions is very scary to me. [​IMG]

7. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I, too, don't fit my age group. I have an age group all to myself! [​IMG] It's in my own little world and everyone there knows me!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by