i don't know if their a pullet or roo someone please help thanks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by farmer boy, Oct 19, 2012.

1. farmer boy

farmer boy Chillin' With My Peeps

my camera died so i only got one pic i will try to get some more tomorrow

[​IMG]
    i had him for a while i thought he was a roo but his comb is still a little small same as the wattle and i saw one of my young roos mating with him idk if they can be gay or lol im kinda new to this stuff so need a little help will get the rest tomorrow

2. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    that is a rooster. he has pointed hackle feathers. He has what looks like a pea comb, those usually dont get that big.

3. farmer boy

so then hes not pure bred if it is a pea comb i though delawares were supposed to have single combs i will post more pics of the other ones tomorrow

4. farmerChef

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    that is not a delaware. he has some red leakage all over him.

delaware pair from Feathersite.com
    [​IMG]

5. farmer boy

i thought something of that color but i never had delaware before .. do you guys have any guess what he would be maybe a ee mixed with him for the pea comb i have no ideas for it lol

6. farmerChef

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Can you get a full body shot? If he holds hs tail low, he could be a cubulya (sp?) Cross. Or maybe a light brahma cross if he has feathered legs. Look like he has a pea comb

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  7. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    A dominate roo will mount a lower ranking one to show dominance

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    He's a roo and I can't see the comb well from that pic but it's probably a mixed comb, one straight comb parent and one pea or rose comb parent.

9. farmer boy

he has no feathers on his legs i will get a body shot of him tomorrow and the rest of the girls ... i thought he might have been a cross but i never had that breed before

10. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Definitely a mix, and a boy. Not sure on what is in the mix.. Probably not EE since they are not common in our area. He looks like a cross I had in colour (RSL x BR) - and I think his white is a dominant white gene. Can't be sure.. May have Chantecler in him!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by