I don't know the breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by McCoysOrps, Mar 2, 2014.

1. McCoysOrps

McCoysOrps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    Mt Juliet TN
    [​IMG]

It's a rare breed

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    My guess is the splash version of a blue laced red wyandotte, but honestly the picture is horrible. You can't see heads/combs, or legs, or body shape. A better pic would help confirm. I do see 2 roosters and 1 hen.

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    x2.

4. McCoysOrps

McCoysOrps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    Mt Juliet TN

Nope both are wrong I found it it's a buff laced wyandotte y'all were a big help and y'all got me thinking oh Wyandottes

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  5. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Buff Laced: The buff laced is an even buff color with white around the edge of the feathers.
    • This variation is not recognised by the American Poultry Association.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Notice the nice, even color of the buff in her feathers, in the roosters the darker mahogany patches are normal. Also, notice the lack of blue/grey streaking in the neck and tail feathers.
    Blue Laced Red: The blue laced red is a mahogany red color with blue around the edge of every feather. The blue laced red has the genetics of the adalusian blue which will result in the colorations of blue, black, and splash from breeding this variation. The base color of mahogany should not change.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Notice in these splash laced red that the feathers are mahogany, not buff, on both the males and females. Also, notice the blue leaking through on the necks and feather shafts on the tails, just like your birds. If you breed that hen with one of those roosters, you will get all splash. However, if you find yourself a blue or black version you will get blue laced chicks, which will mean that your Wyandottes are blue laced and not buff laced.

Obviously, I'm still pretty sure they are blue laced reds [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  6. ChickenPox

ChickenPox Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Middle GA
    Whatever they are.......they are BEAUTIFUL! <3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by