I dont know what to do about my interfered egg.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Southernbell, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southernbell

Southernbell Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2011
    my interfered egg, does'nt move anymore, unless I touch it. and I cant poke a hole FOR it, because everywhere I go to poke a hole has veins, and bleeds a tad when I poke....I know I should've never interfered with it in the first place, but the thing is, I KNOW that if it lives bec ause I helped it, it will think im gonna do everything for it, and wont be much of a very good laying hen, but thats not what I care about. This egg , Im only trying to save it because I know it WILL die w/out my help, and I still have 17 other eggs in my bator, but theres nothing happening withthem except they move once in a while....but I want this egg not for JUST eggs, I have chickens because they make great companions and friends, I'm homeschooled, so i dont hang around with friends all day, i hang around with dogs, cats, lizards, and chickens all day...these chiks mean something to me, and actually, I would love to have a chicken that wants everything done for it. Im scared that none of my eggs are gonna make it because i was too stupid and opened the bator too much, and messed with my interfered egg too much... [​IMG] AND, my mother thinks I'm a nincompoop! [​IMG] [​IMG] .....can someone please give me some helpful and encouraging advice? it would be greatly appreciated....and if you dont understand all of this, read my other posts. thanks

2. indi

indi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Hey don't worry! Your chick should be fine! And if she doesnt make it you can at least know you did the best you could! I hope all goes well with the rest of the eggs! Don't worry about your mum, mine hated the idea of having chickened but now she loves them (she says she doesn't but we all know that's not true! [​IMG] )
    Don't worry!!! [​IMG]

3. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Why do you think it needs a hole poked for it? My best advice is to leave it alone to finish hatching without help [​IMG]

4. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    I hope the chick and all your other eggs finish their hatch just fine.

Assuming the chick survives and grows, it won't stop it from acting like a normal chicken when it grows. If it's a hen, an assisted hatch won't prevent it from laying.

Good luck and speaking as a mom, I'm sure your mom doesn't feel that way.

Deb

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  5. indi

Aug 4, 2011
    Quote:x2

6. Southernbell

Dec 22, 2011
    thanks indi! that means alot...and now that thwe egg has warmed up a bit, it has started moving a little more! And your right! thank God for chickens! [​IMG]

7. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Opening the incubator can cause temp and humidity issues that may affect your other eggs. Hard as it is, its best to leave the incubator closed until the hatch is over. Good luck!

8. Southernbell

Dec 22, 2011
    never too many chickens! I love em to death![​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Southernbell

Dec 22, 2011
    quik question! what do you mean by "may have affected the other eggs"? how so, what was affected and what might be the consequence?
    [​IMG]

10. indi

Aug 4, 2011
    No idea!! o_O

But how long till they are due to hatch?? Sorry had to ask!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by