I don't know what to do

TherryChicken

Crowing
7 Years
Sep 16, 2012
del valle, tx
I'm very sick and my dr can only see me once a month or every other month (thank you medicaid), plus I've been to the hospital twice and they've given iv and nausea meds and sent me home. I'm very under weight, I'm stuck to a yogurt and banana diet. I have bad acid, chest stomach, intestine, and back pain. Very tired, dizzy, light headed, weak, and nauseated. My white blood cell count is high, but can't find out why till I go back in Jan. My left lymphnode has disappeared and when I find it, it hurts. My left one is enlarged, my head hurts, jaw line is very painful, n other stuff that's probably too tmi. I'm just lost, I don't know what to do.

Call your dr's office and tell them all of this. While there are Medicare rules and regs, they are not in place for someone to sit home and be in a medical crisis. Are you running a fever?

Call your dr's office and tell them all of this.  While there are Medicare rules and regs, they are not in place for someone to sit home and be in a medical crisis.  Are you running a fever?  

No fever which confuses the crap out of me. The sad thing is, they know ALL of this and ALL my symptoms. So many ppl abuse medicaid, so they are constantly booked. They said go to the hospital, but hospital already told me they can't diagnose me or do anything, I have to see a doctor. So they iv me, give me nausea meds, then send me home.

My mom and I have both tried looking for other doctors and still are. We even tried looking at insurance for me till I can get on it with my husband's job, but I jusy can't afford it

Do you have access to medical marijuana?  I would think it would help with your symptoms, nausea, help you eat and gain weight.  

Gary from Idyllwild Ca here

I have a way to get it yes, but I'm afraid and reluctant to try it due to it being illegal and the side effects. The high feeling you get triggers panic attacks.

It sucks that Texas does not allow medical marijuana, there are strains that do not cause anxiety.  I hope you find relief, call your Dr. everyday, demand to be seen.

Gary from Idyllwild Ca here

Thank you, were calling everyday to see if anything has been cancled. N I think they do allow it, but u have to have cancer it seizures

Hey there TherryChicken

I am so sorry that you are going through this
hugs.gif

I recently had a health scare myself and ended up in hospital for a week. Your system sounds very different to ours in that I could not fault the care and attention the hospital staff provided to the point that when I wanted to go home they would not let me until they had definitely ruled out a few things.

I do not know about your Medicare rules and regulations but it sounds to me like the Hypocratic Oath and Duty of Care are not being followed in your case.

The Patient’s Bill of Rights states “The patient has the right to expect reasonable continuity of care and to be informed by physicians and other caregivers of available and realistic patient care options when hospital care is no longer appropriate”.

You do not sound well .. if it was me, I would present back at the hospital, with someone for support and refuse to leave or be discharged until your symptoms were at least under control.

Back
Top Bottom