I dont know whether you should be proud or disgusted...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Tanichca, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    I went to TSC and DIDNT buy any baby chicks. I looked, i saw all the breeds, i was really tempted... but i didnt. Thankfully i'll have some phoenixes [​IMG] in about 2 weeks, so... o well. But i could tell, those polish NEEDED me!

2. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Great resolve! We went to TSC and one chick was tipped over, I reached in to put it upright and my DH about fainted. He thought I was bringing it home! So now he's picking up supplies by himself until chick days are over [​IMG] I'm proud of you, you have others coming and sometimes it's just not quantity but quality!

3. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I have been fordore feed store chicks FOUR TIMES this spring and come home empty handed. It has nothing to do with the filled incubator and the 40+ (ahem) chicks I already hatched out.

You did good Tanichca! [​IMG]

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

It's not too late to go back.

[​IMG]

Imp

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    [​IMG]
    Be good Imp!

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:For me that is

[​IMG]

7. Kitt

Kitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Texas
    You are a stronger person than I am at the moment. [​IMG] Yesterday was my slow day so I picked up 5 Silkie chicks and made arraignments to pick up a banty trio thursday. I would have already had more but all the stores in my area are sold out for a few weeks. [​IMG] But...I am looking at ordering some. [​IMG]

8. stoneeater

stoneeater Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2011
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    I stopped at the feed store on the way home and saw 2 EE's and felt sorry for them being in a big cage all by themselves for the rest of the weekend. Poor things. Now they're in my bathroom. Hope my wife doesn't notice. [​IMG]
    Good for you having more strength than the rest of us though.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  9. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    My Tractor Supply stores have only had generic sex-links and, for a while, white leghorns. Made resisting temptation easy.

10. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Mine had incredible variety, with wyandottes and OEGB and polish and silkies and legorns and EE and Lord knows what else...
    Get thee behind me, Impy! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by