I don't socialize well......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TajMaChicken, Apr 14, 2011.

1. TajMaChicken

TajMaChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Hernando, MS
    [​IMG] I just don't get it! I obviously don't socialize well with "normal people". I work with people who don't have the same ethics and standards I do. I am not saying they are wrong but maybe they just don't care very much. I was always taught do things to the best of my ability. I have always felt that if you aren't going to put your best into something then there's no point in doing it. Well, I work with city people so they have a hard time "understanding" me I guess. When something is wrong or repeatedly having the same mistakes made, I try to present it to make the point " hey maybe we should change something so this doesn't get messed up as often" I know mistakes happen believe me I make them myself, but I get very upset with myself for making a dumb mistake, especially if I have done it more than once. These people just don't seem to care. They look at me likie"oh well, I made a mistake. What do you want me to do now" I feel like they think all I am doing is complaining, but i really care about my job and the business and i want things to be done right. I guess thats wierd since I really don't like my job, but it's my job and I should do it right and to the best of my ablity. If I don't and no one else does it wont be a very good company and then we won't make money and then I dont make a living. I guess I just really don't like "normal" people. I would rather be working outside on my own land, earning a living that is a direct result of how hard I work and I could enjoy my chicken and wildlife and be peaceful. Too much to ask?? [​IMG]

Thanks for listening to my rant! [​IMG]

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Congratulations on having a work ethic. From my experience, it's getting rarer and rarer. Are you the supervisor of the lazy ones, or a teammate? It's hard when you feel like you're the only one that gives a crap, isn't it?

[​IMG]

3. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I know how you feel. The people around you don't care if they mess up time and again. It's aggravating.

4. TajMaChicken

Apr 29, 2009
    Hernando, MS
    Thank you ladies! I am the Controller for a steel company. I am over some lazy people and a teammate to others. I am not only a woman in a mainly male industry, but I am also half the age of most of them as well. Sorry you have experienced the same but glad to know I am not the only one.

5. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    I can't stand people's work ethics any more either. Nobody cares about anything any more so it probably isn't you. Younger people in general are more concerned about socializing and texting than working. Some older people are just there for the paycheck. I don't worry about what other people think any more about how I work. I am determined to do the best job I can at any job I ever hold. I carry integrity and dignity with me which is the right thing to do. There is a sense of pride that comes with that and I know that's what God wants from me.

6. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    long ago these people discovered that if you do the job well, then it becomes your job forever. if you stink at it, then you get 'promoted' to get you away from the job.

as long as you sleep well at night, knowing that you do your best, then that is your reward for trying your best.

...of course, they sleep well because they have no conscience, but that's not your problem.
    I am glad there are people like you. [​IMG]

7. TajMaChicken

Apr 29, 2009
    Hernando, MS
    Quote:[​IMG]

8. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Continue doing it the way that is right. Someone above you will notice. I've always had the same issue. Not a problem usually. People notice the good workers. Now if your supervisor is a lazy bum then you might have a problem.

9. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Quote:[​IMG]

I'm young, and I've got one of those crappy part-time jobs all people get when they're finishing up school. I always try to do whatever comes up to the best of my ability, it doesn't matter if I like it or not - I'll do what I have to do as best as I can.

I guess that's all that counts, even if other people don't put in the effort. I know the feeling, even if it IS just some meaningless little job.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  10. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    Try to get procedures documented on how things should be done. I've always hated doing that that step but once it is done everyone should follow them. If procedures are known and not followed then it can be followed up with disciplinary action if warranted. But it starts with knowing how things are supposed to be done.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by