I don't think I can take ANYMORE!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AnniesEggFarm, May 7, 2009.

1. AnniesEggFarm

AnniesEggFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    OK.... WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THIS!!! They started to pip last night at around 8pm.... 14 hours later no progress... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I have 6 pips... I can't take it anymore! Today is like day 19/20 haven't I waited long enough!!!! What did I do to deserve this torture!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jenn [​IMG]

2. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    Be patient...I've had them pip and it took another day for them to hatch. (look at me telling someone to be patient when I just put 17 blue rock eggs from Halo in the hatcher!) I thought if I told someone else to be patient, I could convince myself to be the same! (yeah right!)[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  3. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

LOL do what I say not what I do!!!!!

This is the calm before the storm, enjoy the peace and quiet and get ready for the party!!!! [​IMG]

4. AnniesEggFarm

Mar 23, 2009
    Does checking every five minutes speed up the progress!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jenn [​IMG]

5. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Quote:Not really, every minute works for me! [​IMG]

6. AnniesEggFarm

Mar 23, 2009
    OK My Patience is running out... I have to be to work at in like 5 hours... Come on babies... I am worried, it has been almost 24 hours on the first pip and no more progress... Should I call a chicken OB, I knew a home birth was a bad idea!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jenn [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    lol call in sick

8. Lov'emSouthernEggs

Lov'emSouthernEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    East Carolina
    I'm going to call this "Watched Pot Syndrome". We all have it. It can only be treated by the sight of the last chick thriving! And is highly contagious! [​IMG]

And a watched pot never boils. Proof - I had three ready to hatch yesterday. I checked on them at 10am - no progress. I had to go to the feed store because I have some hens that aren't doing well. Was back by 11:15. And wouldn't ya know it. hatched! Maybe it's all Murphy's falt (Murphy's Law) [​IMG]

Hang in there![​IMG]

9. AnniesEggFarm

Mar 23, 2009
    I think my chicks have pip syndrome.... Hey everyone lets pip and drive her CRAZY [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] then do nothing for the like 23 hour 59 minutes and 59 seconds, oh that is just going to be so funny!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] .... I can hear the little *****ers in there chipping away, talking to each other about the cruel joke they are playing on me.... What have I got done today... NOTHING [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] !!!!

Jenn [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Oh, I wish you the BEST of luck! It's SO hard!!!! YOu will be rewarded, I'm sure!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by