I don't think I could ever know everything about ducks

DuckMama 323

Chirping
Jul 12, 2020
In over 22 years of rescuing ducks & chickens, they still find ways of testing my knowledge and I still get stumped by things, each one is different and unique, I absolutely love them all and know I can't save them all (or keep them all) but they test my wit, my patience, and my heart daily....
And I have discovered recently that 2 of my girls talk in their sleep.... Anyone else have ducks that do this?? ❤🦆💜🦆:jumpy

My ducks even manage to confuse my avian vet from time to time. 😉

I'm not sure about the sleep talking - but that wouldn't surprise me. They are always chattering away about something aren't they? "Can you believe the provider of resources only took us for a 5 hour walk today? Unbelievable!"

My ducklings and ducks not only talk while they sleep, they also have dreams and sometimes move in their dreams, like a dog chasing something and moving its legs.
My Spring ducklings from last year even seem to have nightmares: While they were sleeping in their brooder in my office there were soft chirps until one of them suddenly woke up, screaming like something had tried to eat it.

Back
Top Bottom