I don't think I ever want to brood the human way EVER again!

ragerkid2

Songster
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
Johnstown Pa
I got light brahmas and red sex links... 17'of them. Hopefully if insane more chickens I will have a broody hen! I HATE taking care of them... The biggest problem is the waterer ... They knock it ovrer CONSTANTLY. I have tired putting it on blocks of wood and everything! Nothing helps! Ugh I wanted 3 but I got 17. Which is a little bit more hard to take care of... But o well I guess my hard worn will pay off. I Litterly worry about them 24/7 not having water
sad.png
anywYs i needed to vent
smile.png
OH AND BTW. My dad still hasn't started the coop!

Maybe try one of the larger plastic chick waterers. They are super hard

to tump over, but they tend scratch bedding into it. I'd tell dad to get to it!

tongue.png
Good luck!

im in the same boat ! ive got a batch of 2wk old mottled javas who think its fun to bathe in the water dish, & a batch of 5wk old barred rock & buff orps who find it amusing to stand on the ledge of the water dish & play "bobbing for poo" in it. I think ill be switching my big girls over to the auto waterer & regular long food tray..

I had about 200 chicks at one time constantly filling up waterer with saw dust and poop so I put a 2 x 12 about 3 foot long under water jug and feeder then put a box in there upside down it keep chicks occupied trying to roost on box helped out alot!!

Quote:
BAHAHAHAHA I lost it! i starting laughing Out Lo0ud SOOO FREAKING LOUD!haha that sooo funny = ] its the thought that counts = ]

Back
Top Bottom