I don't think I ever want to brood the human way EVER again!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ragerkid2, May 18, 2011.

1. ragerkid2

ragerkid2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    I got light brahmas and red sex links... 17'of them. Hopefully if insane more chickens I will have a broody hen! I HATE taking care of them... The biggest problem is the waterer ... They knock it ovrer CONSTANTLY. I have tired putting it on blocks of wood and everything! Nothing helps! Ugh I wanted 3 but I got 17. Which is a little bit more hard to take care of... But o well I guess my hard worn will pay off. I Litterly worry about them 24/7 not having water [​IMG] anywYs i needed to vent [​IMG] OH AND BTW. My dad still hasn't started the coop!

2. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    Maybe try one of the larger plastic chick waterers. They are super hard

to tump over, but they tend scratch bedding into it. I'd tell dad to get to it!

[​IMG] Good luck!

3. mrszlopez

mrszlopez Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    im in the same boat ! ive got a batch of 2wk old mottled javas who think its fun to bathe in the water dish, & a batch of 5wk old barred rock & buff orps who find it amusing to stand on the ledge of the water dish & play "bobbing for poo" in it. I think ill be switching my big girls over to the auto waterer & regular long food tray..

4. BerrytangleFarm

BerrytangleFarm British and Scandinavian Poultry

I'm going for the pipe waterer with nipples. It works like a charm in the coop and should be great in the brooder!

5. Sweetwater Hunting

Sweetwater Hunting Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2011
    Newton
    I had about 200 chicks at one time constantly filling up waterer with saw dust and poop so I put a 2 x 12 about 3 foot long under water jug and feeder then put a box in there upside down it keep chicks occupied trying to roost on box helped out alot!!

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

OH---I thought you were talking about being preggo and I was coming over to sympathize! LOL

7. mrszlopez

mrszlopez Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    Quote:[​IMG]

8. ragerkid2

ragerkid2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    Quote:BAHAHAHAHA I lost it! i starting laughing Out Lo0ud SOOO FREAKING LOUD!haha that sooo funny = ] its the thought that counts = ]

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

10. Steph Martin

Steph Martin Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2011
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Use one of those waterers that parrots and rabbits use with the bottle and the spout with the bead in it...should fix them good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by