I don't think they're full runner :( But they're awful cute. (pics)

MysticalMom

Songster
10 Years
Jul 1, 2009
When I first got these guys we all thought they were full runner. Remember? Here they were at 4 weeks.
35720_008.jpg

Now they're about 12 weeks and I'm not so sure. They don't seem "upright" enough to me. What do you guys think at this point? And can you tell when they're crossed with?
35720_fluffypeanut4.jpg

35720_fluffypeanut2.jpg

35720_fluffy.jpg

35720_peanut.jpg

35720_fluffypeanut1.jpg

I am new ish to ducks but i have a friend who has full runner ducks and hers stand straight up and are really really skinny... so i dont think you have runners ... but you do have beautiful ducks!

Yeah. I rescued these guys some weeks back. When they were approx. 4 weeks old. The lady I got them from said she was told they were either runner or runner crosses. When I first posted their pic they were pretty upright and I think thats what made everyone here tell me they were runners. Since then... well you see.... they're not so upright anymore. I just wonder if anyone can figure out what they're crossed with?

Regardless of what they are I love them. And I'll get me some runners next season.
tongue.png

Not all runners have that upright stance. I had a production runner that wasn't very upright at all...but she was still a pure runner.

Hmmm, I'd say the one has some Khaki Campbell, but I'm a newbie to all this. I'm sure someone with more experience would know better. I just wanted an excuse to tell you they are beautiful.
smile.png
But yeah, not very runner-ish.

I had khaki/runner mix. She still had the khaki coloring, but was just skinny and a little taller than a pure khaki. The eye stripes and the blue feathers in the crested's wings are making me think MAYBE you have runner/buff mixes on your hands.

Thanks! Well regardless, what ever they are, they sure are cute little things. All the rest of my ducks are big heavy bodied ducks. Appeyards, Rouens, Muscovy etc. Fluffy and Peanut are the smallest ducks I have but they hold their own and don't let those big ducks push them around. And when all else fails... they're much faster than everybody else so they just run.
lol.png
And my goodness but they are BOTH loud little girls, let me tell ya. QUACK QUACK QUACK to bust your ear drums. They even give the pekins and appleyards a run for their money.
lol.png

I tought really pretty, until you said the Quack Quack Quack words. Now I just think they are real cute. I need to stick with my Muscovies they may be big, but they are quiet.

Back
Top Bottom