I don't think they're full runner :( But they're awful cute. (pics)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MysticalMom, Aug 16, 2010.

1. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    When I first got these guys we all thought they were full runner. Remember? Here they were at 4 weeks.
    [​IMG]
    Now they're about 12 weeks and I'm not so sure. They don't seem "upright" enough to me. What do you guys think at this point? And can you tell when they're crossed with?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. animalbaby4everandalwyz

animalbaby4everandalwyz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    West Tennessee
    I am new ish to ducks but i have a friend who has full runner ducks and hers stand straight up and are really really skinny... so i dont think you have runners ... but you do have beautiful ducks!

3. MysticalMom

Jul 1, 2009
    Yeah. I rescued these guys some weeks back. When they were approx. 4 weeks old. The lady I got them from said she was told they were either runner or runner crosses. When I first posted their pic they were pretty upright and I think thats what made everyone here tell me they were runners. Since then... well you see.... they're not so upright anymore. I just wonder if anyone can figure out what they're crossed with?

Regardless of what they are I love them. And I'll get me some runners next season.[​IMG]

4. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Not all runners have that upright stance. I had a production runner that wasn't very upright at all...but she was still a pure runner.

5. javajanie

javajanie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    Hmmm, I'd say the one has some Khaki Campbell, but I'm a newbie to all this. I'm sure someone with more experience would know better. I just wanted an excuse to tell you they are beautiful. [​IMG] But yeah, not very runner-ish.

6. Wifezilla

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I had khaki/runner mix. She still had the khaki coloring, but was just skinny and a little taller than a pure khaki. The eye stripes and the blue feathers in the crested's wings are making me think MAYBE you have runner/buff mixes on your hands.

7. MysticalMom

Jul 1, 2009
    Thanks! Well regardless, what ever they are, they sure are cute little things. All the rest of my ducks are big heavy bodied ducks. Appeyards, Rouens, Muscovy etc. Fluffy and Peanut are the smallest ducks I have but they hold their own and don't let those big ducks push them around. And when all else fails... they're much faster than everybody else so they just run. [​IMG] And my goodness but they are BOTH loud little girls, let me tell ya. QUACK QUACK QUACK to bust your ear drums. They even give the pekins and appleyards a run for their money.[​IMG]

8. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    I tought really pretty, until you said the Quack Quack Quack words. Now I just think they are real cute. I need to stick with my Muscovies they may be big, but they are quiet.

9. Wifezilla

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    FYI...ear-busting loud is another buff trait [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by