I don't walk in poop.. **PICS**

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Ellie, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Ellie

Ellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    I finally got a few pictures of the coop entrance. I can walk up to the door and feed them over it and not have to schlep in mud or water. I still walk in when I want and love on them though! [​IMG]

The door opens to the right and I can walk in..door to their coop is closed.[​IMG]

Now the door is open and you can see the feed and water and grit.. I can pour them from above and not disturb them.
    [​IMG]

I finally got the insulation in and covered in pine on both sides.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking,
    Ellie

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Good job,you have a very nice setup.

3. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Wow! what a fabulous set up.

4. DrumStick

DrumStick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2007
    That is the best.[​IMG]

5. greginshasta

greginshasta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    Mount Shasta, CA
    Twist my arm. I just might be interested in driving down the hill to see that. Looks great.

6. Ellie

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Thanks, guys.

Greg, feel free to stop by anytime you are down this way. Chicken people are the best!

It is so much fun to see everyone's ideas. Bless whoever talked about putting linoleum on the floor. Wow, is it ever easy to clean and nice on the bird's feet.

Ellie

7. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    nice job there. I keep a pair of slip on clogs that are used only for inside the pen as I go in daily and with a pitchfork turn the shavings so there is never a smell and to collect the eggs and visit with the flock if they are still inside. Mine free-range but will come in and visit while I am turning the shavings and refilling the feeders. I never, ever, wear those same shoes inside my house.

8. Animal123Animal

Animal123Animal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Lake Mathews Calif.
    What a Great looking set up. I love all the post, I'm getting a lot of good ideas for my new coop. Thanks for the pictures. Dennis

9. Ellie

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Yep, that is how mine got done... poring over this site for hours. It is better than any book, though I have a few.

Great stuff, here. I jsut hooked up a light to a timer as somone on here did as well. My chickens are happier because of this forum.[​IMG]

Ellie

10. skatcatla

skatcatla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    Nice!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by