I don't want my chickens anymore!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by CaitlinxxInsane, Jul 19, 2011.

1. CaitlinxxInsane

CaitlinxxInsane New Egg

Apr 1, 2011
    It seems as though i've gotten bored and irritated with my chickens.. I just want them gone now & I don't know why. I love chickens and i've been raising/breeding them for 6 years now. I don't get it, why would I not want them?

2. kfacres

kfacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    where are you at, from what I have noticed, there are tons and tons of people on this site that would help you out in the removal of them from your possession.

3. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    I don't know but I hope you can find someone who really wants them and who can keep them safe and happy.

JJ

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Someone will want them. Sorry you feel that way.[​IMG]

5. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Quote:I can't really answer that for you but I once had a wife I felt the same way about.

6. chickmashnoon

chickmashnoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Are you burnt out on their upkeep? Are you tired of the poop on your porch? Does chicken just not tase good anymore? Find a neighbor that has other livestock and trade chores. I know a few days of cleaning out horse stalls makes me soo happy chickens have tiny poop [​IMG] Everyone has bad days. Wait a week or two before you make a decision to get rid of them, unless of course your chickens are suffering from neglect.

7. BuffsareBad

BuffsareBad Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    They can be work!! You can "burn out" on that just like a job. Ill bet you may some more in the future

8. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    Your going to miss the fresh eggs! Maybe your just overwelmed?

Where are you located? I'm sure you can find great homes for them if you really don't want them anymore.

9. jojo@rolling acres farm

[email protected] acres farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Nebraska
    I'm sure somone will gladly take them off your hands! We all go through periods of change and burn out - don't feel guilty. Do what you have to do for you. Good Luck to you .

Opa - not to highjack this thread or anything...your post gave me the best laguh I've had all day. Thanks! ...I needed that!

Joni

10. CaitlinxxInsane

CaitlinxxInsane New Egg

Apr 1, 2011
    I live in Pennsylvania. Yeah, maybe I'm just burn out. Hopefully it's just a phase..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by