I don't want to go to sleep...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've been sick with a sinus infection and the past two nights I've done nothing but toss and turn, while having terrible repetitive dreams. I hate being sick! It's almost 11:00pm, I'm tired as anything, and I don't want to go to sleep because I know I won't be able to with my head all stuffed up like it is. Medicines aren't even working for me anymore [​IMG] I went to the doctor's yesterday and he prescribed antibiotics, but they will take a few days to start working.

So who else is sick? I just want to feel better already!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

When i had the dreaded swine flu, I had to use a couch pillow in between two others to prop myself up to not cough and hack my way through the night. Try it and see. I was sick for over a month.

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I know how you feel, after my horrible experience with mine for so many months it was such a relief when the drugs started working. I couldn't lay down, I couldn't breath, I was living on nasal spray to keep the sinus passage open. I hope you feel better soon though and take the antibiotics like the Dr. told you!

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Oy, we musta got sick at the same time...same thing too weird [​IMG] I'm sick of being sick too, but life is too good to really complain, so [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

Quote:Sometimes it is necessary to rant to clear the mind and go to bed worry free [​IMG] I got sooo sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am well now.

6. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    I have been sick with a hacking cough for almost a month now. Keep thinking it's got to go away sometime but so far... [​IMG]
    At least I am past the stage of not being able to breath at all. I still sound like a wheezing old radiator when I breath in but at least I can breath now.
    Sure hope you feel better soon! [​IMG]

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm on my third Z Pack of antibiotics, still on steroids and decongestants but I can breath and haven't used the spray in 3 days!!

8. debilorrah

Sunny you described me to a tee!!! After I get better I still have a cough. Lifelong effects of being born too early. I have had COPD since I was about 10.

9. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    At the end of October I caught a sinus infection and I was sick for about a month. I thought I was done being sick and of course my brother had to come home from college with a sinus infection! Now everyone in my family is sick with it, but at least we can blame it all on him [​IMG]

I can't complain too much...all else is well. I just can't wait till I can breathe again!

ETA: Thanks for the advice! I will try adding some more pillows. I'll probably just turn on the TV and try to fall asleep. Of course, running out to feed the horses in my PJs in single digit weather probably didn't help too much. You can always count on me to care about my health! [​IMG] LOL

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  10. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Sometimes it is necessary to rant to clear the mind and go to bed worry free [​IMG] I got sooo sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am well now.

[​IMG] That really didn't come out quite right...it's the Sudafed!!! LOL! I can't think straight!!! Wasn't intended the way it looked. I just meant I was shutting MY mouth so as not to seem ungrateful. Sorry if that offended anyone. It would have me....lol!! OP I hope you get better soon, I actually meant to include THAT in that post as well...Lord...I'm going to bed!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by