I dont want your eggs they are nasty GRAPHIC Video LINK

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by starryeyes, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starryeyes

starryeyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    2. No PETA or Cock fighting posts, period!
    and this is close enough to PETA.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
  2. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Very, very upsetting but I think everyone needs to see this video, especially the people who buy the cheap commercial eggs.

3. PunkerTechnoRoo?ter

PunkerTechnoRoo?ter Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Georgia
    they dont even look like chickens in some of those shots. Disturbing.

4. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] I could only get through about half of that video. So disgusting, so incredibly sad... but I'll try to make myself watch the rest of it later. And I'll email it around to those who question why I want chickens and say it would be easier to buy those $1.89/dozen cheap eggs from big box warehouse clubs. My girls are so fortunate. I'm so sad for the ones who have to "live" like the ones in that video. That is no life, it's merely an existence. [​IMG]

5. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

This is the main reason I tell people

I will never be without laying hens.

I will never buy another egg from a store.

It may not be much, but it's a start.

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Actually...it's because of doctors prescribing antibiotics to patients who do not need antibiotics that is causing the bacteria to change.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
  7. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    [​IMG]

8. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    You know,

Videos like this disgust me, but not for the reason you all are disgusted. There are many many egg farms out there that do care for their birds. There is one at my school and my poultry professor is amazing, she has 1500+ birds, and they are in battery cages but they are cleaned daily, fed daily and each and every egg is gathered, washed and refrigerated more than once a day. Those eggs are shipped to an egg processor that I visited and it was extremely clean, the biosecurity measures performed there were insanely amazing. The eggs from my school are shipped to our local grocery stores, and I wouldnt hesitate eating them one bit. Of course those hens look horrible, all of the animal activist hidden camera idiots wait until the hens are going into their 2nd year, right before their last molt when their feathers are totally destroyed and they look horrible. Im not saying all egg farms are good, because I know they arent, but people shouldnt believe one side without seeing the other. We saw a youtube video in class, and I wish I could find it. They're modifying laying cages now to have perches, dust baths and even lay boxes! People in the egg business do care, but its junk like this that makes them all seem like evil heartless beasts. Just my opinion, I'll take whatever heat anyone will be throwing at me I guess.

*And the only antibiotic that I've ever heard them give their birds are the same we do. Dewormer, coccidiostat, etc.*

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  9. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    THANK you OEG. THANK you!

You can't compare one bad page to the rest of the book...

10. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Roddy, I know you're there with me buddy. The internet can be an amazing place, but it can also suck people in and brainwash them quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by