I Dropped a baby bunny :"(

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Orpingtons4U, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Orpingtons4U

Orpingtons4U Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    he was born at 11:30 AM this morning and here is how it happend he was jumpy and he jumped out of my hands amd when i picked him up off the concert and hay he started screaming and then i put him back with the rest of the kits in the birth box if i wake up and check on him and he died i will hurt myself will he be okay?? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Orpingtons4U

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    Mods Just Delete this thread

3. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Am I the only one who is concerned with this statement? Or is it the healthcare provider in me over reacting?

4. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Yea, some serious alarm bells went off when I read that too...

5. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    This is the reason that the floor is my rabbitry is sand. I hope your baby is ok, Orps.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  6. tinydancer87

tinydancer87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2011
    SE Georgia
    They are tougher than you think, he will probably be ok [​IMG]

7. LaynaDon95

LaynaDon95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    Accidents happen. He'll probably be fine. I dropped a baby hamster once. He was still pink and hairless but he lived through it unscathed. That being said, if something does happen, don't be too hard on yourself. It's very sad when something like that happens but I'm sure you won't let it happen again. We learn from these things, Hun. What you've just learned is that those cute little things are squirmy!! Put something soft on the floor when you hold them if you are too worried about it. Sometimes they will fall, and there is just not much you can do about it except soften their landing. [​IMG]

8. Orpingtons4U

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    thanks guys y'all are being better then ppl from my rabbit site

9. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

If the people on your rabbit website are making you feel bad about an accident, you should remove yourself from their poor company.

Sheesh! Sometimes I hate people!

Don't let them drag you down. Accidents happen.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  10. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    As bad as we feel about them accidents happen. I was putting eggs into lockdown one time and did the drop...juggle..catch with an egg. Glad I caught it but I could have just as easily dropped it certainly with no intent of hurting the chick.
    It is easy for others to judge when they are not in the situation themselves.
    If anything does happen to the bunny please do not be too hard on yourself. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by