I enjoy my chickens so much..Is that wrong?What are your favorites?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cherylmad, Nov 20, 2013.

1. cherylmad

cherylmad Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2013
    Windsor, Colorado
    This is my first experience in raising and caring for chickens and I have loved every minute of it. From seeing them grow up in just a short time of four months.To watching all there different personalities. All together we have ten Different kids of hens from Silkies, Langshans, Brahmas, Turkens, Cuckoo Marans, Rhode Island Reds, Blue Andalusions, Buff Orphingtons, Silver Laced Wyandotte and one Roo who is a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte and also a tom Turkey. My favorite has been Devlynn our Light Brahma. She has the sweetest personality. She comes to us like a dog. She would rather be with us then with the other hens. I think she thinks we are her flock. She tries to escape through the fence when she sees us coming to let them out and free range.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  2. jenifry

jenifry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    South Dakota
    Welcome to the world of chicken lovers!! We have had our little flock for a little over 2 years, and my daughters (7 and 11) are better at picking out the roos than I am! We have an americauna cockerel my youngest raised from a week old chick that thinks he's a falcon. If you put your arm out, he will fly up and sit on it, talking to you in his fancy chicken speak, until you force him to get down. For my children, the novelty of feeding them and caring for them is wearing off, but I think when we have baby chicks again that will change!

3. cherylmad

Nov 18, 2013
    Windsor, Colorado
    I go out to the run every morning to check on the chickens. It amazes me how chickens can make you happy just by watching them forge in the yard.

1 person likes this.
  4. jenifry

jenifry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    South Dakota
    I love to buy nightcrawlers and feed them pieces. My chickens LOVE worms, and will fight over them if you leave the pieces of worm long enough to dangle out of their mouths. I cut them small, and no matter where you throw the pieces, once they know they are getting worms, they will watch like hawks so they don't miss a piece!

1 person likes this.
  5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Well you come to the right place if you need to verify you are normal. Welcome to the world of backyard chickens! They are fun to watch.

6. cherylmad

Nov 18, 2013
    Windsor, Colorado
    Thank you for telling me that. I think my friends think I am strange.

7. cluckcluckgirl

cluckcluckgirl Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    I love to spend time with my chickens! On here, it is completely normal to be obsessed with chickens.[​IMG]

8. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

I love seeing my rooster trying his best to charm the ladies. He has this wonderful little "Snoopy dance" he does that cracks me up every time!

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Your friends think you are strange? Then show them this picture:

[​IMG]

There. I'm very, very strange.

10. CAjamieb

CAjamieb Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2013
    I'd rather watch my chickens than TV--so, I guess I'm crazy too :) It's nice to have company.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by