I fear for this early little bugger.

Fancy Feather Poultry

Cooped Up
12 Years
May 30, 2007
Ok, well I was talking to my friend on IM and then I hear crrck! I went over to there bator and there a tiny crack not noticeable to the naked eye. I took a flash light at and agle and of cours yes it was a crack, I haven't heard any chipping, But I am worried this little bugger will hatch to early this is the end of day 18, When I put the eggs in it was on monday at 12 AM and when t piped it was about 12:17 AM. There has been no more progress other then the egg wiggling back and forth a little. I dont want this little booger to hatch to early and have unabsorbed yolk, or have intestines outside of it body. What should I do let nature take it's course I dont see any way I can help anyways.
hmm.png

Day 18 is not that extremely early... I had mine all hatch on day 19, and they were all fine and fully developed; no egg sac unabsorbed.

I'll bet he didn't mean to crack the egg so soon, and he will take his time coming out.

Ha made one tiny little crack in the shell, should I help it, it has been 14 hours sence then. Will it die if it pips to early, it didnt crack off the shell but made a crack in the egg.

Since the egg cracked (and not pipped), I am thinking that the chick did not mean to crack it, so he's probably not ready to come out yet, but that's just MOHO.

Can you tell if it has been/is still moving in the egg?

Back
Top Bottom