I Fee so Guilty

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Whirlwind, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Left my babies outside for the first time. Something got in and took 2 of them. No signs just a few feathers. The ground is so hard I did not think anything could dig under. Ha they can if they are hungry. My DH said he thinks it was an opposum as there was a little bit of fur. Just glad it didn't kill all 7 of them. Well I will not leave them out there again untill I get some wire on the bottom. Its my fault not the critter that got them. [​IMG] You just feel so guilty. You are supposed to be the protector.

I guess I learned another lesson the hard way. Gotta listen to the DH he is always right.

PS. Don't tell him I said that.

2. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
    Take care!

3. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Whirlwind I'm sorry about your chickens. Heres a ((HUG)) and go give your other chickens a hug too.

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    So very sorry. [​IMG] As hard as it is, please don't blame yourself. We all make mistakes and sometimes those mistakes end in us losing our beloved birds. [​IMG] We all have to live and learn.

5. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    So sorry for you, but don't feel so guilty, hugs!

6. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    We do what we think is the very best...but even then, sometimes our best isn't good enough.

Don't beat up on yourself...just the possums and racoons!!

7. bulldog-girl

bulldog-girl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Estacada, OR
    Circle of LIfe. Perhaps you saved a nest full of opposum babies that were starving. Hopefully the nest is on someone elses property far away.

Now you have learned. At not at the expense of all 7.

PS. I won't tell your hubby if you don't tell mine. [​IMG]

8. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    bulldog-girl , I won't tell your Hubby [​IMG]

I know there are a family of racoons as they were knocking on my door at 2 am one night. I got up to see who could possibly be at the door. Momma and 3 babies. Ha was I surprised. My neighbors dogs used to keep the critters to a minimum. But my other crazy neighbor hit one of the dogs racing on his motorcycle [that is another story]. Since then the other dog just mopes around. Poor dog [​IMG] . They were sisters and they did a good job on varmet patrol.

DH and I just got back in from working on the chicken tractor. I still won't leave them in it at night unless I put wire on the bottom of it.

Thanks for listening and hugs everyone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by