I feel a chicken overload headache coming

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mamawolf544, May 19, 2010.

1. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    Some of yall know I have health issues, mainly my heart and this last 15 months have been really bad. So I didn't really get to do so much with my chickens last year. But I did get some new breeds. I got 3 colors of Brahmas, beautiful birds But they were too broody for me so I sold most of them. I mainly sell eggs to eat, so I dont like easter egg hunting. [​IMG] I bought Turkens, love them, but sold off the ones I didn't want to breed. And I got Black Australorps again love them but sold the ones I didn't want to breed.
    So during the last 2 months I have sold [​IMG] and more [​IMG].
    So I ordered some different breeds that were suppose to be staggered April, May and June.
    And all the birds are coming in on May 26th. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    That might not be so bad except I have chicks everywhere and I have 2 incubators full, and I have a Midget White turkey sitting on my guinea eggs. [​IMG]
    And 2 others sitting on Turken eggs for me, and let's not forget the goose that is sitting on 12 duck eggs. [​IMG]
    Now I do live in TX so the weather is fine for my little feathered friends....but I have a headache trying to think where I am going to put all these babies????
    Has anybody else ever overloaded there butt??????? [​IMG]

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:No, because I'd rather do four chickens well (and secretly want MORE), than have that awful feeling of not being able to do right by dozens of them. I wish you luck getting everything under control.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

My hubby says for me to stop buying more chicks! [​IMG] If only he understood, huh? [​IMG]

4. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    b.hromada :

My hubby says for me to stop buying more chicks! [​IMG] If only he understood, huh? [​IMG]

My DH started it all so he has no one to blame but himself for creating this monster. [​IMG]
    But luckily the entire family loves the birds so I have plenty of helpers.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by