1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I feel a little lost!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by OkieLady, Mar 21, 2013.

1. OkieLady

OkieLady New Egg

Mar 20, 2013
    claremore, Oklahoma
    I am brand new to the whole chicken thing. I have a coop and a big enclosure that i built around it. I am getting my 6 month old hens on monday and i feel a little unprepared!

2. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    1 person likes this.
  3. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Hi Welcome to byc. I am sure you will be a great chicken mom The main thing they need is feed, water and a safe enclosure. Once you have those things done you get to just enjoy them.

4. kjgoodman

kjgoodman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2012
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] from WI.
    You have a coop, water, food and chickens.... There's a pretty good start! That's all I had. I started this adventure a year ago. lost a few,... learned A LOT....expanded a bit ;-) lol... getting more...

I will caution you. Chickens are adictive and tend to multiply because of the addiction.

5. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
  6. postalpoultry

postalpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2013
    Mounds OK
    Hello,
    Well you have already done the hard part now comes the fun! Chickens are fantastic as pets, for eggs, just to watch. You will have a great time with them, they each are individuals with distinct personalities. I have had all kinds of critters my whole life and recently found this forum, the people on here can help you out alot, seems to be a great place with good people. But then how could a chicken person be a bad person!! LOL Good Luck and just say the word if you need something

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

8. postalpoultry

postalpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2013
    Mounds OK
    Thanks Vickichicki!! I didn't know bout that thread just getting into BYC myself. Good lord it's a little addictive huh?[​IMG]

9. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

10. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    It most certainly is. I have ruined sevreal cups of tea, leaving them with the teabag in as I have come to read another thread... 20 threads later... New tea...

When you have done digging around, on your profile you will find a list of threads you have either started or commented in. So the link will be available there, in case you forget.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by