I feel bad...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by k625, Apr 26, 2009.

  1. k625

    k625 Songster

    Aug 14, 2007
    Kind of a long story...I advertised a hen on eggbid, and she sold, then had a person contact me if I had any more hens for sale. I told him I had 2 but one was sitting on some eggs for me, and would have to wait until the babies were hatched and sold. He was ok with that, and patient. Time came around to ship the hens, then he was out of town, then he was working and couldnt pick up any day.....yadda yadda. So FINALLY we are all set to ship this week, and I find out from the PO that the birds will not get there for 2 days. I was kind of ok with this, so we ( my partner and I) told the guy we would ship out mond. afternoon, and they would be there on wed afternoon. Well then he said he could not pick up then. So I said I cant mail these birds any later...they are coming from FL and its juts to darn hot. So he said he would arrange for someone to pick them up. Well...my partner then decided that it was not in the best interest for the birds to be shipped in this heat we are having here, and be in a cramped box for 2 days with no water.

    So...I feel really bad in some way because here is this person waiting for their birds, and when it finally came time to ship, he was not able to pick up, and now that things seem like they would work out, its too long of a trip and too hot.

    I just feel bad, because I know how I would feel if I was expecting some new chickens!

    Had to just express myself, thanks for being here to listen.

  2. NewHopePoultry

    NewHopePoultry Crowing

    Apr 9, 2007
    Its not your fault, you had to do what was best fo the birds. No one can blame you for not wanting to ship them in the hot weather.
  3. turney31

    turney31 Songster

    Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Kudos to you for doing whats right for the birds!
  4. WriterofWords

    WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

    Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thank you for caring more about the health and safety of the birds. He should have made the time earlier.

  5. kinnip

    kinnip Songster

    Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Frankly, it sounds like he's not too eager to get the birds. You've made every effort to accommodate his schedule, and he seems to be stalling. What if you did mail the birds, then he decided he couldn't be there? Has he even paid for the birds yet?
  6. kelseygirl707

    kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

    Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Yes I would be wanting my birds, but I would also want them to arrive alive, so waiting seems like the better option to me.
  7. Sounds like he didn't "really" want the birds! If he really wanted them, he'd make it happen, no matter what! You did the right thing for your hens. [​IMG]

  8. k625

    k625 Songster

    Aug 14, 2007
    Thanks everyone...and I do agree with all of you, but I still have that feeling of bad inside...but I will get over it.

    I know how I am when I am getting new chickens...I will take off work just for that lol.

    Thanks for all of your support! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by