**I feel bad**

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bragabit, Aug 24, 2010.

1. bragabit

bragabit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Southern Utah
    Well I had good intentions right?

I live in a small friendly community. Had been talking to my friends about having a "Biggest Loser" contest. Everyone would put $25 in and the top 2 people who lost the highest percentage of weight would win. So I made some flyers and put them up at the store and post office. I made sure to get permission to hang the signs and even dated stamps to show I had permission. Well no one called...Strange I thought. So many people had said they wanted to do it, yet no one calls?

I went inside the post office today and my signs were gone. I asked the postmaster and he said it looked like someone snuck in and took it down. He felt really bad and told me to bring another so he could hang it up.

I dunno, I feel bad. I didn't think it was offensive to have a contest like this.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  2. TheChickenCameFirst

TheChickenCameFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

That's too bad... [​IMG] I don't think it's offensive... (I could stand to lose a few pounds myself) I would at least give it one more try!

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'd hang up a sign again...
    Its not offensive at all! Its a contest that folks can CHOOSE to join or not...
    Jeesh.. some folks are just hyper-sensitive.. [​IMG]
    Good luck with the contest!

4. birdsNbeesNseeds

birdsNbeesNseeds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    I agree, don't feel bad- people can choose to participate or not. Just curious how you chose $25. $25 may be a bit steep for some folk. (Depends on your area.)

I'd try again, especially if the signs weren't up long.

5. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Always possible that they took it so they could call, then lost it...

It doesn't have to be that they were offended... I'll cross my fingers that the second gets you some calls. [​IMG]

6. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Quote:That was my first thought. I bet they took it down to call. When you make the new one, do some little slits across the bottom so you can put the # repeatedly down there and they can just tear one off and take it with them. That's not a great description, but hopefully you know what I'm talking about.

7. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:That was my first thought. I bet they took it down to call. When you make the new one, do some little slits across the bottom so you can put the # repeatedly down there and they can just tear one off and take it with them. That's not a great description, but hopefully you know what I'm talking about.

I was trying to figure out how to explain that too! You did good. That would be my suggestion too.

8. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    It's not offensive. it is against PO rules and regs to have personal type flyers posted inside the PO, or even on the doors or outsid of the building. Someone who is sticking by the rules is removing your signs. If there is someone there that will allow you to post, go for it, but just expect it to be taken down every day the buzzkill shows up at the PO.

9. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Maybe try a different location like a bulletin board at Walmart, the local feed store, library, etc.

10. gallinamama

gallinamama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    Macomb, Michigan
    Quote:Some people just have too much time on their hands... and they tend to THINK TOO HARD..[​IMG] put your sign back up... show them what you are made of... I think it is a good idea... sort of a "win, win, raffle" you lose some weight... and even if you don't win the money... you still have won something... right? [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by