I feel like an IDIOT!

Believe me, you are NOT alone. I can't find my way out of a cardboard box. My husband says I have "geographic dyslexia" he may be right. I'm no good at giving directions to other people either. Follow my directions and you will never get where you want to go.

Quote:
Yep... If I said anything at all or was asked about it I would simply say,"Yall left us, I could not find the place."
smack.gif

As far as what the other parents think... Oh well! I got so tired of the bad planning and and overall stress of cubscouts and I quit being a den leader, the cubmaster was not doing anything! I figure my son can do the boy scouts with his dad, I don't need their stress.
"we are camping... oh we are not camping after all.. oh we are and its at a different place... wait the campout is off again"

Last edited:
I have WHAT in my yard? :

DH said a GPS for my birthday is coming up - but he has to get back to work first!!
roll.png
I AM too hard on myself and I know it......

Make sure you put it away or take it out of the car/truck every time you get out. I know someone who has had three stolen from his car over the last year. You would think he would learn but he is not the sharpest tool in the shed, just keeps buying more.
lau.gif

Oh and I drove around last Saturday for two hours looking for a place, had the directions written, mapquest on my phone... I finally gave up and went home... I never feel lost though; Even then... I knew where I was.... just not where I was going!!
gig.gif

I'm so sorry to hear you had such an emotional trip. I always tried to look at everything as an adventure, especially when getting lost. Ya know, make lemonade.
wink.png

I tell ya what, and of course this is just my opinion but, how RUDE can ppl be? Sounds like a bunch of snobs to take off and not make sure that EVERYONE has a firm grasp on the new route and then to leave you behind when they lost site of you (IF they were even watching behind). I personally wouldnt want my children affiliated with a bunch of ppl who walk through life with their nose stuck so far up that they dont even care about others. *shaking head* This has become such a me me me me society that it saddens ME...

Bless your heart, I do understand about the early menopause it takes us from on top of the world to hateful and of course the sobbing blubbering women that we really dont understand. lol It sucks...I'm just waiting for the 'good part' to kick in if ya know what I mean lol

Often we wonder through life trying to be the best person that we know how to be,
We live by 'Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you'
But cannot understand why others who receive our kindness,
cannot give it in return.
Often not realizing,
that sometimes their kindest offering is showing us their true colors,
so that we can spare ourselves further hurt at the hands of them.....

I feel your pain, I can barely find my way out of the house in the morning. And when you add a large motor vehicle into the mix, I am a danger to Wisconsin highways.

Ms.FuzzyButts :

I don't have children so I can't add anything about dealing with the parents or your daughter. But I am the same way about getting lost. Or was. I too bought a Garmin. I have not been lost since. I could care less where I am because it has a feature that you push called Go Home. That thing will take you home from wherever on this great earth you might end up at!!!! I have been able to go so many more places I never thought I would have been able to on my own. Search ebay, I saved a couple hundred dollars on a new factory refurbished one. And then I added a square trade.com warranty to it in case refurbished meant there would ever be a problem. That was 4 years ago and it's still going strong. I agree with the previous poster about Garmin. Best money you can spend!

I agree about getting a GPS, but I cannot say I am very thrilled with my Garmin. I think it leaves a LOT to be desired--it is NOT ergonomic. I received it for Mother's Day a couple of years ago--after a nice dinner we went to Fry's and purchased it. I wish DH had told me that was what he had in mind ahead of time. HE had researched and thought that a particular model would be appropriate; but HIS needs/desires and mine are VERY different. I would like to have had a better opportunity to review the capabilities and workings from other manufacturers as well as those of other models, not just what that particular Fry's had in stock. I do know that for a small amount more we could have gotten a much more versatle model, even if still a Garmin (and yes, mine is not a bottom level model; it is a mid-level Nuvi 255W).

I really hope DH never buys me any electronic stuff ever again unless I have picked out the exact model I want.​

Why should you feel embarrsed?? Please... who cares WHAT they think..really. You got lost...so what? It happens to everyone... dont let it stress you out...
hugs.gif

Again..who CARES what those people think...
tongue.gif

And.. i'm the same way about driving and directions..
barnie.gif
th.gif

Sounds like you need a GPS. This was the only thing I wanted for Christmas 2-3 years ago and I have been totally thrilled with it. I don't normally need it around town if I'm going to routine places, but when I go out of town, or buy something from someone off CL, or even need to get from one routine place to another directly, rather than leaving from home, I pull out the GPS, plug in the place I want to go and voila! It takes me right there. Of course, it doesn't know about detours and construction and stuff (though I suspect the next generation of GPS WILL be able to direct around construction and detours!) but it might have helped you through some of your problem...

Back
Top Bottom