I feel like I just gave birth..

wannabchick

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Northen Va
Yep..I hatched the baby out myself..even removed the membrane too
thWoot.jpg

20 hours or so had gone by since a pip was definitely a zip.. A section of the egg about my fingernail had been exposed for over 20'hours..the white membrane edges I could see were dry.. Just watched the egg for the past 6 hours and no working ..no little beak working away

I just couldn't take it anymore

Do I ? Don't I

I can't do this..well, ya know what..I sure am going to try..

Grabbed a bowl of warm water, tweezers, and toilet paper..yes toilet paper..balled up toilet paper and soaked two huge wads, stuck it in bator

Grabbed out egg, held in hand..and began with the tweezers chipping away leaving the membrane in tact from where the hole was already formed..working my way out, and chipping away, whoops.. A pretty large piece came off..then noticed that membrane was rock hard ..so I actually grabbed the membrane with my tweezers and opened it up..no blood, me wiping forehead, praying..please no..no blood, head comes threw, staring at me his face out if the shell but the rest of his body all in the egg..freaky..he/ she is looking at me and chirping away, I wipe down the membranes with water....but their all rock hard

Me still thinking what have I gotten myself into..come on ..you promised yourself..let nature takes it course..why didn't u just let nature take it's course

Flash back to my own labor and deliveries, if we let nature it's course, I wouldn't have a few of my children

So proceeded..

His face , and body were so in a ball..looking at the membrane near miracle babys face..dry..took out the wet soaked toilet paper and began wiping it.. Long story short..removed a large enough portion while holding the egg in my hand..he/ she flopped into my hand out of the egg, except for the part I left on..the back end..incase their was still yolk attached..

While trying ton put him/her back into the bator, I couldn't help myself..He/ she now chirping like crazy pulled back ever so slightly the back area..no blood, no yolk...

He/ she is breathing, chirping, and resting in the bator..

Oh my goodness..I just gave birth to a beautiful, black copper maran

Last edited:
I know exactly how you feel! Except I have never given birth....

I have, however, rescued about four shrink-wrapped little chicklets, though. Amazing how much you CAN get done with your hands shaking and sweat dripping down into your eyes, though, ain't it???

Congrats, Mummy!

HI I JUST HAD TO DO THE SAME THING EARLIER TODAY HER FLUFF WAS MATTED DOWN AND WOULD NOT FLUFF OUT SO I HAD TO GIVE HER A LITTLE WARM BATH SHE IS NOW IN THE INCUBATOR ALL ALONE ONE SINCE SHE WAS THE LAST BORN AND ALSO THE OTHERS WERE ALL FLUFF OUT AND WAS ALREADY A DAY OLD SO THEY HAD TO BE TAKEN OUT. sHE IS NOW CHERPPING HER HEAD OFF I AM SO THINKING ABOUT GETTING A WARM TOWEL AND JUST HOLDING HER

Back
Top Bottom