I feel so ashamed!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Jesseschickens, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Jesseschickens

Jesseschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    somewhere in Pa
    Well I went up to the chicken coop to get the eggs and I told flower I didnt want her egg if she was laying it on top of the nesting boxes(they sleep there so they arnt so cleanI clean them every few weeks)... Well I feel ashamed because she was trying to take a DUSTBATH!!!!! This cold winter made me forget all about dustbaths. Here are some pictures.[​IMG] Oh and by the way this is my red sex link hen named Flower!! and yet she hates flowers!

Getting started:

Ahhhh this feels good:

What is this? I can see my Feathers!:

Well time to see my feathers again!;

I just had to share these adorable pictures with my BYC friends!!![​IMG]
  2. Catstar68

Catstar68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    awww! [​IMG]
    Thanks for sharing!
    A girl has just got to attend to her beauty regime....and will make due with what she's got until a better product is available.
  3. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    GO FLOWER! [​IMG] [​IMG]
  4. kfchickenlady

kfchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Flower has a good owner! [​IMG]
  5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    LOL, chickens are so funny! And adaptable!

If you want to stop the top of the nest box thing, put a slanted piece of plywood over it. Then they'll have to go in a box or lay on the floor.
    And I guess you need to make a dusting box? Mine get out a lot because we have mild winters, the first thing they do is find some good dirt!
  6. a litter box with a bad of play sand and a bag of peat moss does them well. just look out 'cause the dust will fly.
  7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by