I feel SO BAD! :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Savannah Poultry, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Savannah Poultry

Savannah Poultry The Source

Mar 29, 2010
    Lakeview, OR
    Oh my gosh I feel awful! I did the DUMBEST thing! So I have this broody light sussex hen and she's on day 17. Well she does a really good job but she poops in the nest so I have to change the nesting material a lot. well I was changing it tonight and one of the six eggs that she's sitting on slipped out of my hands and fell on top of another egg!!! And it broke! [​IMG] [​IMG] I feel horrible. Luckily it only broke one but gosh I'm devistated!!!! So now she's only got 5 eggs. [​IMG] [​IMG] ugh

2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I think many of us have dropped an egg somewhere along the way. I dropped one once while candling and it broke my heart. I try to be so careful, but to err is human! Sympathies to you.[​IMG]

3. judial8907

judial8907 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    It happens I've done it too. Sorry though, did it have a baby in there?

4. Savannah Poultry

Mar 29, 2010
    Lakeview, OR
    yeah [​IMG]

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I'm sorry. [​IMG]

6. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    I almost dropped one candleing too! I almost broke out in tears at the thought. It's gonna happen no matter how hard you try to be careful. [​IMG] I am sorry it happened to you.....but good luck with your other 5 babies. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. judial8907

judial8907 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    I lost all my eggs in my bator today including one that was hatching today. The feeling stinks and I feel for ya believe me. When we set them we have no guarntees but are so hopeful, then we are so heartbroken when we loose them. Some people say "they are just chickens" but we know better especially when we have been waiting on pins and needles so long. [​IMG]
    Quote:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  8. Rhondax6

Rhondax6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Cheboygan, Michigan
    Awwwww [​IMG] Try not to feel too badly, I'm sure mama has probably forgotten all about the missing egg. Good luck with the others!

9. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    Easy to do... I've almost done it several times. Don't be too hard on yourself . good luck with the others...

10. Savannah Poultry

Mar 29, 2010
    Lakeview, OR
    Thanks Everyone! I'm feeling better today. I'm just looking forward to sunday when they hatch!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by