I feel SO much better now...my ladies are actually doing well!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by DawnB, Mar 17, 2013.

1. DawnB

DawnB Chillin' With My Peeps

I was talking to a very experienced local chicken lady who raises a lot of chickens and sells her eggs. We were discussing general chicken info this weekend when talk turned to egg output during our frigid winter months this year.

I told her I've got 12 hens and I get roughly a half-dozen every couple of days. She said she has over 100 laying hens and she's getting one...and that's not a typo!! '1' egg a day for the last couple of months!!! [​IMG]

I feel SO much better, my girls are normal...and just maybe my girls won't be going to freezer camp just yet!!

2. White Leghorn

White Leghorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    I have about 15 grown chickens and I'm only getting 3! I also have another 20 chicks and 30 on their way! So glad to know it's not me doing something wrong!

3. DawnB

DawnB Chillin' With My Peeps

Me too! My 12 current layers are over 2yrs old. I've got 15 chicks on my dining room table as we speak. I'm hoping it's just the really weird weather we're having. The temp swings are enough to make anyone want to burrow in until it his 60deg and sunny!

Let's keep our fingers crossed for a dozen a day once the weather warms up! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by