I feel so naked...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by asher, Mar 18, 2007.

1. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I just bought a Sportsman yesterday...and I don't even have an entire rack full! [​IMG] I have this sudden urge to fill it. hehe

Unfortunately, out of 12 hens, I am getting *maybe* 3 eggs a day at the most. Normally more like 1. I'm going to feed them collard greens and boiled eggs as soon as the eggs are done, something a friend highly recommends. Hope it helps b/c the black oil sunflower seeds haven't done anything for them! [​IMG]

Must. not. buy. eggs!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Must fill that bator...must fill that bator....must fill that bator. LOL Have fun!

Jody

3. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    That's soooo not the kind of help I need! ROFL

4. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Oh, C'mon! You wanted that bator so you can fill it up! [​IMG] Remember, we help each other out here.

5. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    hehe I know, BUT I want my chickens to start laying more so I don't have to buy any! [​IMG] Actually, I "borrowed" the money for the incubator from our savings account (with DH's blessing) so am trying to raise the money to pay our savings back first before buying any eggs.

TRYING to be a good girl. [​IMG] Not doing so well, though b/c I've already been browsing the boards, eggbid and eBay for eggs. [​IMG]

6. See Cindy, that's why I'm still using the LGs.
    IF I had a big incubator, I would feel like it was my DUTY to keep it full.
    Good luck filling it up (just how many eggs will it hold?).

Lisa

7. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Well Lisa...I had 6 styrofoam incubators. LOL I had two to three of those full at once and one hatching. [​IMG] I was down to less than one, though.

Not sure how many this will hold. I think it's in the 2-300 range, but not positive. I know I won't get it FULL, but would like more than is in there now! LOL

8. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Hey, you might as well be telling a bunch of alcoholics not to let you into the liquor store...
    [​IMG]

9. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

carriebrown:yuckyuck sooo True!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by