I feel so stupid.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Poultra, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Poultra

Poultra Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2008
    I just got done with work. I walk out to my van, unlock the sliding door, put my keys down, put my things inside, lock and close the door. Reach into my pocket for my keys...uh, oh...and there they are, right on top of the new bags of shavings I got today for the coop at lunchtime. All of the other doors are locked including the hatch. D'oh! Called the husband - Honey, guess what I did? He's done this himself several times so I'm guessing I'm in for a ribbing when he gets here to unlock the van for me. So now I'm just waiting and typing this on the work computer while I'm waiting. Not the dumbest thing I've ever done but it feels pretty dumb since it was (seemingly) preventable.

2. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

I've done it once before, locked em in the trunk, called my husbands shop and told him I needed ONSTAR, like they have in the new expensive cars....oh well, he'll keep rescuing me if I need it!! [​IMG] Hope you're on the road again! Its not stupid, its normal!!
    Tina

3. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    I went through a phase about two years ago where I locked myself out of my car several times in a period of about 6 months. The worst part is that I only have one key for my vehicle. It's pretty bad wen the local locksmith doesn't even need you to describe your vehicle for him anymore when you call!

4. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    I remember when I was younger, I thought my mom told me to lock the doors and leave the keys in the car, we had two pairs of keys so I thought she had one. I think she said to roll up the windows too, but I left one cracked to we had to stick something through it and unlock the door that way.

5. Maddhatter

Maddhatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2007
    Port Orchard, WA
    If I had a doller for every time I did that, I would have chickens made out of gold. [​IMG]

6. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Been there, done that too.
    the worst one was when I locked me and DS out of the house...so I went next door to call DH and HE had also left his keys in the house, but didn't know until he went to leave work to let us in...
    $100 for the locksmith...
    the experience, priceless.
    I have an extra house key on my work keys just in case

7. MrsChickendad

MrsChickendad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    Well, there was the time I had to fly to Cleveland to be with my dad for a medical procedure. Chickendad stayed at home with our new baby girl who was asleep in the car. He went around to get my luggage out and walk me to the door, left the car running and the baby inside (its a small airport and this was "the olden days") and locked himself out. When the plane's intercom came on asking me to stand up, the flight attendant asked for my car keys and told me he had locked himself out of the car. He has not lived it down yet, and the baby is 40 years old!

No, the Wright brothers were NOT flying the plane!

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:Cleveland Clinic? Been there, done that. [​IMG] They are amazing.

I leave my classroom keys in an odd place at work at least once per year... in another teacher's classroom, on the copy machine, in the staff bathroom, in the teacher's lounge... At least I never leave them where students can find them! [​IMG] I'm one of the few lucky people at work that has a master key to EVERYTHING, so when I lose my keys, I go crazy trying to find them.

9. sunbury chick

sunbury chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Sunbury,Ohio
    Well, if you think locking your keys in the car is crazy,here's what I did last week.I left the hair salon(I parked right in front when I got there)and came out an hour later,clicked the remote to unlock doors,heard it open them, jerked open the door and started to get in.There was a woman on her cell phone sitting there,she freaked out and screamed!My car was sitting next to hers(same make,model & color)I felt like a total fool.It was my car I unlocked,but I picked the wrong one to get in. I tried to apologize,but she wanted no part of that...She looked like she was ready to pass out. My husband thought it was hilarious, he said she could have maced me...I have a habit of going to the wrong car when I go to the super market too.I'm either lost in the parking lot or at someone else's car.I'm old, but not that old.... I keep the family in stitches.They said they dread to see what I'm like at 70 or 80....

10. lorihadams

lorihadams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    virginia
    I have done that myself and I will tell you what we did to solve it. Get a spare car door key made and make sure the key is flat and has a good sized hole in the top. Unscrew one side of your license plate and put the spare key on the screw behind the plate. Tighten the screw enough that the plate stays on and hides the key but loose enough that if you need to you can unscrew it with a coin and get into your car. I did this and have had to use it and it worked great! No one can see the key behind the plate cause it is flat and I found a penny and was able to get the spare key. If you are in a parking lot you can always ask someone for a penny or even find one on the ground like I did!

Hope this helps!

Lori

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by