I feel soooo bad!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Tripp16, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hi I feel sooo bad for my pullets.

Heres the story, I get two new hens from my Grandad for the 2 roosters I gave him. I have 5 other 3 month old pullets that are completely feathered out. The two new ones are ful grown and are already laying.....This is my problem, one of the new hens is being sooo mean to my other girls. But the other new one is so layed back and fit right in with the others. I have the mean one locked in a dog crate out in the run with the others she is of course really mad. Needless too say she is going back to my Grandads.[​IMG]

Do you think the other one would be ok without her? Also do you think the other will be picked on in her new flock?? Thanks! [​IMG]

Im so sad and I feel like I have done the worst thing possible to my girls! [​IMG]

2. Hippie Chicks Mom

Hippie Chicks Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Near Old Forge NY
    Don't worry. Introducing newbies is always hard as you never know how they will interact until you try. Maybe Grandad has another hen to swap for the "mean" one???? If not, as long as the new girl is getting along with your girls, they should be fine. Good luck!

3. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Thanks, I hope so. I might just stick with one new one for now. haha Just so we dont have to go through getting another mean one... [​IMG]

Thanks again! [​IMG]

4. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Thats a relief!!! I just went out there and they are all on the roost together!! God works everything out!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by