1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I feel this worth passing along....USPS/UPS/FED EX EMAIL VIRUS!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Feel this worth passing along. With the holidays coming up, I can see where this could be a real problem.

The newest virus circulating is the UPS/Fed Ex/USPS Delivery Failure. You will receive an e-mail from UPS, Fed Ex, or USPS along with a packet number. It will say that they were unable to deliver a package sent to you on such-and-such a date. It then asks you to print out the invoice copy attached. DON'T TRY TO PRINT THIS. IT LAUNCHES THE VIRUS! Pass this warning on to all your PC operators at work and home.This virus has caused Millions of dollars in damage in the past few days.

Snopes confirms that it is real.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/ups.asp

2. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    I sure wish people had something better to do than mess with innocent folks. what do they get out of doing this to people. Makes not sense to me. [​IMG]

ETA; Thanks for sharing this. may have saved someone from having a really bad day.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Tis the season, it'll get even worse as we approach the holidays. Just be careful and skeptical.

I rarely open attachments, even though I have an online business and ship all the time. Even friends know better than to send attachments now.

Thank you for the warning! [​IMG]

4. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    tis' the season to be jolly la la la la la laaaaa la la laaaaaa gunna' send you a nasty virus la la la la la la la la laaaaaaa hope you love it i shure do here to runing your christmas tooooooo [​IMG] my new christmas song [​IMG]

5. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I got this one, it went directly to my spam folder. Why would the post office have my e-mail address?

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    mom'sfolly :

I got this one, it went directly to my spam folder. Why would the post office have my e-mail address?

Actually they have mine, because I print shipping labels online via PayPal. PayPal and Ebay will both bear watching this year. too.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by