I fell down the hole again...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by colong75, May 1, 2017.

1. colong75

colong75 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2016
    I was at the feed store today getting some starter feed for the shipment of chicks arriving next week. They were giving away 5 chicks with a bag of starter so come on what was I supposed to do. They practically forced me to get some. Anyway identifying chicks is definitely not my forte. I was hoping you guys might have some ideas as to what breeds these might be. Thanks so much!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's to hoping they are in the right order haha.

2. colong75

Jun 1, 2016
    Yay I think I managed to do that right. Two pics of each. One little guy wasn't happy to get photographed so it's missing for the moment. Thanks again!!

3. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    No clue on breeds yet, but :love
    Last one sorta look like my Sicilian buttercup did, but :confused:

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Was there any information given at the feed store?

5. colong75

Jun 1, 2016

Thanks. After posting I kept looking and did find the buttercup and wondered about that one myself. Also the exchequer leghorn for the first one?

We hatched out some orpingtons about a month ago and have an order coming in from mpc next week. I probably didn't need these guys but....

6. colong75

Jun 1, 2016

These were straight run. There was a sign on the pullets that said they were from ideal so I'm assuming these are from there as well but not positive. Other than that no there wasnt a list of possible breeds on the straight run or anything like that, that would've made things too easy and less interesting I guess haha.

Last edited: May 1, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by