I felt like a pirate today

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by francisfarms, Oct 28, 2008.

1. francisfarms

francisfarms Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2008
    So the last few days I have gotten an egg here and there, no biggie. The other day the chickens were out free ranging and I noticed a hen come out from the fence line. So I figured she is just doing her thing and getting a snack. Today I was walking the fence line and kinda looked where she was coming out of, low and behold there were 9 eggs plus a duck egg, I left the duck egg so at least they will go back maybe and keep laying there if I let them out. I was wondering if my others were laying, they seemed like it since their combs were getting redder. Now I am waiting for my ee girls to start laying:D

2. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

sneaky girl!!! [​IMG]

3. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Funny how you set up the perfect place for them to lay and they sneak off and hide their eggs. LOL

4. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    I Totally had a dream that I found eggs hidden where the chickens had been free ranging!!! How crazy that you actually had that happen to you!!! [​IMG]

5. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

I locked my girls in for a couple days when they started laying. They got the idea that the nest boxes where for them to use. Now I do not have to egg hunt.

6. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Mine have done that.

I'm convinced they're STILL hiding them...somewhere...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by