I felt the need to show off my Ducks! Great Picture Day

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by heidihas2ducks, Aug 9, 2011.

1. heidihas2ducks

heidihas2ducks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Henry Girl (Black Swedish 3 months) and Fast Eddy (Welsh Harlequin 15 months) (we lost Vic, our other baby at around 7-8 weeks to a blasted red hawk and were lucky enough to find Eddy to make Miss Henry happy and protect her! He had lost his mate over the spring..best $10 I ever spent!)
    [​IMG]
    Henry eating grass seeds...she loves em!
    [​IMG]
    My beautiful girl posing for her pictures today! (we thought she was a boy when we got her...but alas...shes not and Henry just suits her so we didnt change it!
    [​IMG]
    Fast Eddy posing for his shot!
    [​IMG]
    In this one, it had just started raining and Eddy was looking up trying to figure it all out
    [​IMG]
    After a pitiful 3 weeks after molting, Eddy has his beautiful Man Feathers! So vibrant now!
    [​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    They are beautiful!

3. PhoebeLou12

PhoebeLou12 Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    Morrisville, NY
    They are both beautiful! I couldn't help but say Awh out loud when I saw the first picture. And that water looks so nice!

4. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Oh wow! Those are BEAUTIFUL ducks! They look very happy to have each other and have such a good owner. I love your pond as well. Its so nice and clear. [​IMG]

5. 4duckitos

4duckitos Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2011
    They are gorgeous!! I have total pond-envy!!! [​IMG] I hope by next year our landlady will wuild a pond on the propriety so my duckies will be happy!!

6. Brookiesflock

Brookiesflock Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2011
    great pics!!

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Beautiful pictures love your ducks, watch out for those snapping turtles though, seems to be a problem in others ponds.

8. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    Lovely Shots! I wish our ponds were clear blue like that!

Indeed, if you have trouble with snapping turtles, please, PM me. My son and I are experts at turtle problem elmination. [​IMG]

9. MrsKemmerlin

MrsKemmerlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Round O, SC
    What beautiful ducks! Great pictures! Thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

10. heidihas2ducks

heidihas2ducks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Thank you everyone for the comments...a note about our awesome pond...it was man made about 15 years ago and since has had organic pond dye added on the ice at the end of winter...when the ice melts it goes into the pond and colors the water to supress vegitation...it does not effect people fish or animals...nor does it stain our skin! Lol! It keeps the pond super clean. We have only bass in the pond and no turtles at all...there is no vegitation for them to nest in...we have been very fortunate!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by