I finally candled all my eggs

Francischick

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 16, 2012
mississippi
They all have air cells out of time i definatly seen movement in 3 maybe 4 but the others are just darker on one side than the other if there is no viens showing and no movement should I chunk them or just wieght I set them the 18th of September.

Not always because its dark does it mean there is no chicks several people have pointed out the eggs were dark but the egg hatched perfectly healthy i experienced it myself

Well I am just really anxiously waiting I am not the most patient person. I just don't want one lonely chick all by itself. I am thinking about ordering some eggs off of e-bay you know anyone who has been successful with the eggs they get from there.

:welcome
If you're not sure and think they might be developing, it won't hurt to leave them in as long as the eggs don't have a bad odor and there isn't any weeping coming from them. As for ebay, I've bought plenty of eggs off there, and I've had good hatches, but also some disastrous ones. Hatching shipped eggs is always a gamble, and you never know how it'll turn out. But for me, it's the only way to get some of the breeds and colors I want, and I'm willing to take that risk. I will say, I've bought eggs from sellers on here, and the eggs have always been packed much better than ones I've bought off ebay :thumbsup

Well I am just really anxiously waiting I am not the most patient person.  I just don't want one lonely chick all by itself.  I am thinking about ordering some eggs off of e-bay you know anyone who has been successful with the eggs they get from there.

I had that happen myself. At around day 12 I could only see two eggs developing. My gut told me one would hatch - ended up being right. So I place a small order from Meyer - they let you oder as few as 3 I think and the shipping wasn't bad. I planned it so they'd hatch and arrive when mine was due to hatch so they're all the same week's hatchlings. All arrived safe & healthy. They're now 3 weeks old and doing great along with my single hatched chick. Good luck! You may have more hatch than you think.

Back
Top Bottom