I finally did it!!

Congratulations! That is exciting!
woot.gif
Enjoy your new babies when the get there!!

Thank you!! I definitely will!! And I'll be sure to take tons of pictures! Lol

I'm getting 8 chicks but then I decided to add the Meyer Meal Maker too. I almost didn't because I didn't really want to go over 8, like if I had had 7 I would have gladly added it, but then I decided I have enough space and one more isn't really a big deal plus I wanted the surprise of figuring out what the extra chick is LOL

Sooo

I got, or will be getting, these:

2 Easter Eggers

2 Barred Rock

2 Black Australorp

2 Buff Orpington

1 Meyer Meal Maker

All female, hopefully lol

Random little addition: We have no limit on number of birds here I don't think but I just ordered 8 (2 from 4 different breeds) and a free chick so 9 total unless they include peanuts. Mentioned that above though and the breeds are up there. Also got them vaccinated for Merricks and got GroGel for a bit extra because I worry and requested an NPIP certificate because it was free and I figured why not? Haha I'm not sure it's actually a certificate though, I think it might just be the form, not sure. I have no plans of breeding or anything and am not even getting a roo (unless, again, packing peanuts) cause I don't wanna bug my neighbors but I may eventually and I figure it's good to have and I better get it now for these particular chicks. So yeah. Sorry I'm rambling now

The certificate comes via email after you get your chicks. You just print it and then you have it. I ordered 3 chicks from Meyer's back in July vaccinated and with a vitamin pack for the water. I got a Black Australorp, a GLW, and a BO. We lost the BO at 4 weeks due to an accident with the family dog.
hit.gif
So then I ordered 2 more chicks from them. My daughter and I took a road trip to get them, since they won't ship 2. Our new babies joined us on Aug 24, another BO and a Golden Buff (Red Sex Link). All are doing very well. Can't believe how fun chickens are. Enjoy your babies when they arrive!

The certificate comes via email after you get your chicks.  You just print it and then you have it.  I ordered 3 chicks from Meyer's back in July vaccinated and with a vitamin pack for the water.  I got a Black Australorp, a GLW, and a BO.  We lost the BO at 4 weeks due to an accident with the family dog.  :hit So then I ordered 2 more chicks from them. My daughter and I took a road trip to get them, since they won't ship 2. Our new babies joined us on Aug 24, another BO and a Golden Buff (Red Sex Link).  All are doing very well.  Can't believe how fun chickens are.  Enjoy your babies when they arrive!

Ohhh that makes sense!! Thank you very much!! But aww, I'm very sorry about your chick. :(

Very glad you got more though haha but thank you, I definitely will. :)

Thank you very much!! And yesss I know it is :(

It's actually kind of funny though because when I ordered them I didn't realize that. I was just like WOOHOO I'M FINALLY GETTING CHICKENS and then it hit me last night that I still have to wait over a month lmao

And as of this morning I'm also very very nervous and worried because I have a horrible track record with animals and some people (none on here, just my dad and some people from social media) keep reminding me of that and doubt that I will take care of them so then I'm thinking like "what if they're right?" "what if i lose interest again?" etc. Etc. And worrying :/

Like all of my other animals have been impulse purchases though that I knew nothing about as well dealing with some stuff whereas chickens I've researched for years and I'm doing better so I feel like it could be really different and help but I don't know.

I'm so determined to do right by them this time and so worried I won't. But we'll see I guess.

But sorry, I didn't mean to turn this so negative LOL

I am still very very excited for them. :D

And I've even started selling stuff so that's definitely an improvement

I've already gotten so much stuff. Well, not that many supplies yet (gotta work on that) but literally the day after I ordered them I went and bought a red heat lamp bulb. Still need the thing to put it in but still. Store for some reason sold all sorts of bulbs but not that?

Then yesterday and today I got a ton of chicken books, sooo many. Yesterday was mostly the "for dummies" series on raising chickens, chicken health, and chicken coops, 3 books. Then Chicken Health Handbook and another health one, stuff like that. Today was some egg recipe ones and one that's just looked like an interesting read (The Backyard Chicken Fight) and an egg scale. All online. Was going to get a cute sign but I decided I'll wait. But I just I'm so excited I keep wanting to buy stuff. But from now on I'm not going to buy anymore random stuff like books or scales or decor or anything because that can all wait and I need all the money for the brooding supplies and coop. I did sell a puzzle already though and am listing more later.

But is it normal to be this excited and/or want to buy supplies early or books to research even more?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom