I finally finished my son's wedding quilt

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by horsejody, Aug 27, 2008.

1. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I finally finished the wedding quilt for my son and future DIL. They are getting married in 9 days. I'm glad I finished it in time. Her favorite colors are purple and pink, so the quilt is done in those colors. Like always Leo has to be in all quilt pictures.

[​IMG]

2. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Oh it's beautiful!!!!

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    HOw beautiful! My hubby would kill me if I come home with a pinkish quilt with butterfly's on it [​IMG] Your DIL must really love butterfly's and pink to get away with that one!

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quilts are fantastic gifts. I try to make them for all my friends babies. Great job!! [​IMG]

5. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    You did a beautiful job. I love that bed too! Congrats on your new DIL. I do hope you post a wedding pic when its all over. [​IMG]

6. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:She loves pink and purple. I don't know about butterflies. She hasn't seen it yet. They get married on Sept 9th. Right now they live in Hawaii. Next week we are flying out there for the wedding. My son won't mind. I have previously made him more masculine ones. I suppose if he gets sick of the poofy one, he get out one of those for a while. Besides, real men like pink, right? I know, probably not. He's a Marine so he probably won't show it to any of his friends, but I think she will like it.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Pretty! I'm sure they'll treasure it. [​IMG]

8. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    I love it! Its gorgeous. I started a quilt once when i was 20..never finished it, really didnt get alot done, just a few strips sewed together and a bunch of square cut out...it was very amature..one of my life goals is to make quilt...its right up there with write a book..I'll do it someday im sure. I have plenty of time. At least I hope.

9. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

Your such a great mom to do that. It must be wonderful to have parents who WANT to be a part of your life... I hope you relish this fact whenever your together.. imagine.. some folks don't even like their children, and you apprently very much LOVE your son & new DIL.

Your son is a lucky man to have such a wonderful mom, not to mention be marrying the woman he loves.

10. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    real nice turned out great does leo go with it also [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by