I FINALLY Got my chicken coop moved home and finished (new inside pic)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jenlynn4, May 17, 2010.

1. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    Its been 2 years since I have had my birds home with me. When I lived at my old place I was told I was 1/2 a mile inside the township limits and had to get rid of my birds after having them for over 6 years. So we built (well got it half built anyhow) a coop at my moms place that was exactly 1 mile from my old house. WE barely got enough done on the coop just to make it functional. We didnt get it painted just the primed t11 was put on the outside and the trim was never put on ect ect...but we MOVED and got this beautiful new home last fall where I made sure before we even placed a bid on the house that we could have chickens here. So we tried to get the coop moved last fall but the winter came so fast we never got the chance. We have been driving 9 miles 1 way and 9 miles back every day to take care of the birds. Its been so hard. So it finally got nice enough and it came home on Friday! Finally after 2 years! We worked on it all weekend and its finally finished!

We got it all painted and all the trim put on and painted. We got the runs on and now we just need to get the ramps back up so the birds can come out and the human enterance door on the runs and we will be all set to go! Heres how it looks so far:

My coop is 8x16. I built it 2 years ago and just move it to my new house and finished it yesterday. We originally built it in pieces and then assembeled it on the site. We built it with 2 8x8 floors and walls ect... and then joined them together before the walls and floor went on. That way we could build it in the garage and assemble it outside. Here are some pics:

HERES THE WHOLE STORY!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and now that its moved here and finished:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the pics of the inside. There is one 4x6 pen and 4 3x6 pens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. rebecky1305

rebecky1305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Lansing, MI
    [​IMG] Welcome home chickens, and awesome coop!

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Nice.

Suggestion... put up boards so they can't get under the coop. Other wise, they'll lay eggs under there that you can't retrieve, or get sick and die under there.

4. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Looks really nice ~ do you have any inside pictures?

5. Want Less

Want Less Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    New Bern, NC
    Looks nice!!! I like the yellow... bright and cheery :)

6. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    It is beautiful and so is that property! Congrats on ALL of you getting to come "home" together finally [​IMG] I am so happy for you.

7. MareeZoCool

MareeZoCool Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] BEAUTIFUL! It'slike a ray of sunshine![​IMG]

8. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    beautiful!! [​IMG] I bet you can't wait to run outside and see your babies... [​IMG]

9. nelgkel

nelgkel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    FL
    [​IMG] I love the color!!! Beautiful
    Glad you are all together again! [​IMG]

10. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    we have fence at the bottome of the coop where the runs are and we are going to put white lattice on the front. I am so happy to have it here and all done.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by