I finally got my girls!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by msladycatina, Aug 8, 2010.

1. msladycatina

msladycatina Hatching

Jul 18, 2010
    Well after having to decide on a different breed of chicken then i had really wanted i went with 3 brown Sussex and 2 Delawares. Also having to sit in city hall for 20 minutes getting the OK to have the girls in city limits. After all was said and done though i have them finally. I have pictures but not on the computer yet, so i will have to post them at a later time. Now i wait patiently for them to be old enough to lay. I was told that should be sometime in October. Right now though i call them my pigs disguised as chickens. I didn't know little things could eat so much!!!! Hopefully will be posting pictures soon though!!!

2. Quote:[​IMG] Very apt!

3. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Ohyes. Chickens eat A LOT. When I first got my four girls, they would eat almost an entire food trough of chick feed.

Do you name your chickens? If so, do they have names yet?

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress 9 Years

Congratulations on getting your girls! [​IMG] [​IMG] Isn't it great?? Enjoy them. Yes, they can be little piggies for sure! [​IMG]

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member 8 Years

May 11, 2010
    They grow up so fast! And eat so much!

6. msladycatina

msladycatina Hatching

Jul 18, 2010
    Yes they have names, at least most of them do, we have Henny, Shelia and Bujo(i dont know either i didnt name that one). Henny and Bujo are 2 of the brown sussex and shelia is one of the white delawares but im at a loss for names of the other two. Half the time i cant even tell them apart!!!!

7. mgw

mgw Songster

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    [​IMG] congrats on the new girls. maybe the two you cannot tell apart you can call the twins LOL. have fun.

8. msladycatina

msladycatina Hatching

Jul 18, 2010
    [​IMG]

Here they are. Not the best but they seem to be camera shy LOL

9. chicknduck

chicknduck Songster

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    Congrats. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by