I finally Got My HAMP Modification!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Gonzo, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    Yes! I did it! And it only took 8 months! After losing my job of more than 10 years to the recession, almost losing my house that I was born in, something good has finally happened! I think this whole ordeal has aged me 10 years! But I saved my home! [​IMG]

2. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    gonzo&hispeeps :

Yes! I did it! And it only took 8 months! After losing my job of more than 10 years to the recession, almost losing my house that I was born in, something good has finally happened! I think this whole ordeal has aged me 10 years! But I saved my home! [​IMG]

[​IMG] 8 months!! Ouch..I hope mine does NOT take that long...i just got the paperwork in today!!!!​

3. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    Oh!!! I remember you!!!! I'll pray for you! And keep my fingers crossed! It's such a nerve wracking experience! Good Luck! [​IMG]

4. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    gonzo&hispeeps :

Oh!!! I remember you!!!! I'll pray for you! And keep my fingers crossed! It's such a nerve wracking experience! Good Luck! [​IMG]

Thank you I think I might need all of the above....I am really terrified now [​IMG]

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Whats a HAMP modification?? Sorry if i'm dumb... [​IMG]

6. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:You're not dumb [​IMG] It's Home Affordable Modification Program. It allows homeowners to get a better deal on interest, length of loan, etc. through their lender's via a government incentive program. In plain Jane terms.. the government is giving us back some of the money they took from us for the bailout, if we qualify to recieve such graces [​IMG] How nice of them huh? [​IMG]

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I wonder if that would help a friend of mine. His credit is shot due to all this garbage so no one will help him.

8. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Most likely. He has to have a mortgage and has to show hardship, even if temporary hardship, and will be considered for a modification. They will lower interest, change to up to a 40 year mortgage, and/or defer payments.

9. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
  10. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thanks, I just forwarded it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by